In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7.5x55 Norma...Question...help

COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
...Ok, one of the k-31's I bought several years back, came with around 250 rounds of 7.5x55. 80 rounds were in Norma bxs. marked
180 grn. SPBT, the rest were loose. I have fired off both boxed and non boxed, appears to be no difference. I can't find my dang calipers to ck. uniformity in seating , and I don't have a chrono.
Primers and bullets LOOK to be uniform in their seating, no visiable cracks in necks etc. All are Norma brass, headstamp.

...I plan on selling one of my k-31's, and will probably throw in some rounds with the sell. Question, since I don't reload: Is there any way to tell if any or all of the rounds are reloads? No visible scrapes or marks on any of the brass, all shoot fine. Figured you guys would know, thanks in advance...[:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello at one time I am showing my age there was a small RE stamped on the primer itself on norma ammo to denote that rhey were reloadable with boxer primers and not berdam primed. but I dont know when they did away with this markings. also years ago factory primers were brass in color and primers for reloading were all silver in color to make it easy to tell this has also gone by the wayside.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    take a closeup pic. If no die marks or other tell-tale signs are present, I'd say it was new ammo.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I also had some norma factory ammo that had a small script "N" on the primers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...ok, I'll try a pic. Having trouble importing pics from my computer to photobucket, grr.,new to the camera thing. Primers are all silver, with, now that I look REAL close, looks like a NP. stamped in the primer.
    The straight part of the P is made up of the straight right side of the N, kind of joined, if that makes sense. I'll try to get a pic, thanks. I just don't want to misslead some one you know...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...Ok, clearest I could get, still have to figure out the lighting.
    The round at the top right, I think you can make out the stamp on the primer...thanks ya'll....[;)]
    Picture013.jpg

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    If they all have that mark they are norma factory ammo, and some of the finest brass money can buy. That is the mark I was trying to describe.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...thanks again all. I was going to throw some in with the rifle I sell, and just did not want to missrepresent them as factory, if reloads. Since Ive shot the loose, and boxed rounds, I trust them, just did not want someone to think I was passing off reloads as factory, thanks again...[;)]

Always been interested in reloading. I guess now with the time and space to do it, I ought too. I have a Lee reloading die set in same cal.,laying around here too, oh well...[:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks straight up factory to me. Now, if you are including Norma brass in the deal, I would personaly charge a few bucks for that. Norma brass ain't got no flys on it[;)][:D]
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I agree if it has letters on the primer it is factory .