In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ransom rest testing

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone used the Ransom rest to test the acuracy of the .357 magnum and or the 38 special? I would think both would shoot pretty well at 50 yards with a 158 SWC in a top grade gun.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    "in a top grade gun.".........that is the most important. you don't use a ransom rest to test a cartidge, you test the gun (with what ever load you want to shoot). a t/c contrnder with a good scope will keep them all under a inch at that range.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Bpost If you come to central Virginia we can use my Ransom rest to test your pistols I have a number of grip adapters for revolvers and semi autos. OR I can sell you one of my Extra Ransom rest and the grip adapter you want . The reason I have extra ransom rest is because I buy all types of bulls-eye equipment from bulls-eye shooters that retire or die off.I then sell to the new shooters in Virginia so they have someone that can mentor them in how to set up and get the best results with the equipment. Mainly I buy and sell Star reloaders and lubersizers as well as Ransom Rest. From my testing Many revolvers shoot great groups. However be aware 2 things that really help is #1 a range rod to see if all cylinders lock up with all the chambers lined up exactly with the barrel bore. #2 many times you will find one or more good chambers[:)] but also one or more bad chambers[:(] When I test I mark the cylinder with white fingernail polish and then start with only cylinder chamber #1 shoot 5 shots then go to chamber #2 and repeat #3 #4 #5 #6 this will take 30 shoots but will give you an Idea of each chamber. Happy New Year. Karl.