In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Not Selling ----just have questions

I recently inherited a 3 reloaders (2 MEC, 1 Universal) and lots of supplies and accessories. I have not idea what I have and need information on places I can contact to get a reasonable idea of value. If they have an online email I can send them pictures. Does anyone have recommendations? Any and all help is appreciated.[;)]

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look here

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

post some photos and someone can help you out.
  • grammy496grammy496 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you so much. All of these things were left when my father-in-law passed away. He was a competition shooter (with 100's of medals), skeet shooter and quail hunter. He had a $30,000 shotgun, rifle and handgun collection which we placed with a gun store that sold them for a fair price but they don't take the reloaders, supplies and accessories. I've researched and been able to find some of the things on ebay and other sites but some of the things I don't know what their called so I can't search for them. I'll give this site a look and see if I can figure it out. I have taken pictures of everything. Can you tell me if powder can be sent through the mail? I guess I could look that up on the various shipping websites. AGAIN, thanks a bunch!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grammy496
    Can you tell me if powder can be sent through the mail?

No, UPS or Fedex with hazardous materials charge, $25.
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    If you put the pictures up here we can tell you the value. Also remember to list any reloading supplies, as they are very valuable. You can also list each here after we tell you what they are. Normally you get top buck here since all are shooters.
    edited November -1
    Again, thanks. I do have pictures to post. I looked at one of the links posted by a previous poster and it seems easiest enough to do. It was so late by the time I tried it I was just too tire to continue. It's on my list of things to do for today. Thank you so much. A fair price is what I'm looking for. Still needing money to settle estate. My father-in-law died first, then my mother-in-law died before she could do anything other than sell off the gun collection. She died without any insurance so right now money is tight and all we have is their house that we can't sell yet due to probate. My husband is an only child so everything rest on us and he works so in most cases that's me. Just need to make enough to continue paying for her burial which is on a credit card.
    edited November -1
    I don't mean to continue with questions but can someone tell me if Dies are used on the reloaders?
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't mean to continue with questions but can someone tell me if Dies are used on the reloaders?

If you look on the auction side of the site you will find many presses, parts and dies used for reloading; yes, dies are used for reloading. Searching for closed auctions will give you an idea of pricing.

You can open an account and sell to a HUGE buying audience across the nation. List your auctions for a low price, a penny, they will sell for market value. Make sure you have CLEAR well lit pictures for your auctions, it makes a big difference in selling price.
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I know that dies are part of the reloading process, but are they actually placed on the actual reloader itself?
  • idahoduckeridahoducker Member Posts: 740 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I know that dies are part of the reloading process, but are they actually placed on the actual reloader itself?
    Yes, dies are screwed into the reloading press. The dies are the caliber specific part of a press.

There are some very friendly people around here who sell this kind of stuff all the time. If you tell us your general location I wouldn't be surprised if someone offered to help you sell them.
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I live in the Dallas Tx area. I have lots of photos I could ail them to anyone interested in helping me out with the project.