In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

338 rum brass

weldboyweldboy Member Posts: 470 ✭✭
why cant i find it new or used anywhere?

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midwayusa.com Nosler 25 for $50 in shows as stock
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are probably more people with the .300 RUM, then people that have the .338 AND the .375 combined. If so that is so, one might expect to find more of the .300 brass available new or used.

I've seen more of the .300 and even the .375 RUM brass posted. I've only found brass of two manufacturers for the .338's.

Depending on one's needs and wants ... might want to consider reforming either .300 or .375 into .338. It ought to go OK in a one-step resizing ... (working fine here).

If anyone has a better idea, they will come along and let us know soon enough. In the meanwhile I have been getting the best brass that I can, and remaking it into the .338 RUM. [:)]

===============

http://www.sinclairintl.com - had lower "sale prices" a week or two back.

Even their regular prices have been running better than those for, http://www.MidwayUSA.com -

One might find that notion repeating there or elsewhere during the next couple, three weeks.

At present, unless without discounts, these are about what they are pricing now.

Norma .300 RUM, 100 at $121 + shipping.

Nosler .300 RUM, 50 at $60 + shipping.

Remington all the RUMs, 100 count = $100+, or 500 count down to $100 +/-.

Might consider getting the price/piece down thru the purchase of 500 or more bulk purchase.

I had recently checked here on GB to determine if anyone else was interested in tying together for bulk purchases of RUM brasses. There was no interest and no takers.

My brother and I just completed some purchases so the we've been able to start reloading for our RUMs. Have some production completed and much more to go.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by weldboy
    why cant i find it new or used anywhere?
    I've not as yet found a dependable supply of used RUM brass for decent prices. So far all brass dealers/sellers have been quoting me higher prices for used (even in large lots), than I have managed to find for new brass through retail sources! [B)] [:(] [:0]
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    weldboy,

Huntington's:

338 Remington Ultra Mag.

Part # Description Retail

22852A 100 Pack 102.00

22852B 250 Pack 249.10

22852C 500 Pack 487.00

I can't offer any explanation as to the lack of brass available. We went through this with the WSSM brass a while back because of a new cartridge being released but other than that I suspect Remington is simply husbanding their supplies and producing the high volume requests and letting the lower volumes linger in an attempt to make their bottom line look better. There is little concern any longer for a company to produce their products for the public as advertised. Their primary drive now is to maximize product in every way. If they make more money from other types of brass, that's where they put the emphasis. They have no concern for product support for the general public.

Nosler brass prices are a sin. I avoid them whenever possible, if possible. Buy what you can when you can but remember that hoarding only drives the prices up higher due to an inflated demand.

Best.