In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Your Help

victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
I want to load up some 8x57 Mauser rounds with cast bullets with out gas checks. These will be mild loads. What can I use to bell them case mouths? Most rifle die sets do not allow B
belling the case mouth, I think. Tried a 9 mm luger belling die with a hand press with iffy results.

Comments

• Options
    PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lyman M die for 8mm shown in Midway catalog.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used a 50 cal AP slug and a tap from a brass hammer with great results until I purchased the effective and very inexpensive LEE universal belling die. It can bell any round you need done.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    I used a 50 cal AP slug and a tap from a brass hammer with great results until I purchased the effective and very inexpensive LEE universal belling die. It can bell any round you need done.

Thanks bpost. Found it on-line and is exactly what I need!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by victorj19

Received the Lee die and it works very well.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Received the Lee die and it works very well.

Most excellent news! [^]
    LEE products have come a long way in my book. The belling and universal decapping die are excellent values and very handy additions to the loading bench.