In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

scope base question

I have a set of Burris signature rings and want to know if they will work with Leupold bases? The Burris basses wont tighten up on the front dovetail the rear is the windage adjustable but the front slot is so loose that you can turn the ring all the way around with no effort at all.

Comments

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    either the front ring or the base is worn out or bad from the factory. I have interchanged countless different manufacturers of rings and bases and never had a problem.
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    Thanks Justin they are new bases so factory defective. I will pick up a set of Leupolds for it if I can find them it is Savage with a flat rear.

I guess I will send them back to midway.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't send them to Midway; send them to Burris. Burris is very good about replacing bad stuff. Email or call first. I sent them a Z-ring with stripped threads and they sent me a new one. And yes, the dove-tail rings will interchange among manufacturers (usually!).
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    in the future, look into Warne bases and rings, or at least Warne bases,..they are rock solid and don't cost a lot of money.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Apparently Burris doesn't answer emails so I will just make sure I don't spend any more of my money on their second rate junk.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    csjs1194,

E-mail costs you nothing, that's why everyone uses it. But it can cost the companies you e-mail 10's of thousands of dollars to employ one or more folks just to attempt to answer the most important ones.

Burris, like every other major company in the U.S. and abroad, gets somewhere in the neighborhood of several HUNDRED to several THOUSAND e-mails every day. They cannot and will not be able to keep up with them ever. They sort them as best they can spending a few seconds with only the most imperative of those received. The rest get ignored.

If you need an answer, call them on the phone. They will answer the phone and they will give you an answer to your question. That's what I do with just about every company I need to deal with.

Best.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would think they have customer service people to answer emails, just like any other company. I myself have never really had a problem with firearm/accessory companies getting back with me. I have had the problem of my own computer security not sending or receiving emails to and from companies.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nononsense
    csjs1194,

E-mail costs you nothing, that's why everyone uses it. But it can cost the companies you e-mail 10's of thousands of dollars to employ one or more folks just to attempt to answer the most important ones.

Burris, like every other major company in the U.S. and abroad, gets somewhere in the neighborhood of several HUNDRED to several THOUSAND e-mails every day. They cannot and will not be able to keep up with them ever. They sort them as best they can spending a few seconds with only the most imperative of those received. The rest get ignored.

If you need an answer, call them on the phone. They will answer the phone and they will give you an answer to your question. That's what I do with just about every company I need to deal with.

Best.

I will call them I planned on doing that and I thought calling their products junk was probably a little harsh so I am going to call them and see how they want to handle this.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    csjs1194,

Excellent!

I've worked with them on the phone on a couple of occasions and they were super.

Best.