In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dillon Parts...

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
I want to order a couple of the small magazine orifice thingerjiggies for my 550. This is the little blue plastic bit at the bottom end of the primer magazine.
Anyone know where I can order just this part?

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep a list of parts I use for when it's time to order more. Often the small parts kits are a good deal as you get many of the little bits for less than buying individually.
  • AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    I keep a list of parts I use for when it's time to order more. Often the small parts kits are a good deal as you get many of the little bits for less than buying individually.

Am I the only one that thinks that's bogus. "Here, buy this bag of parts that wear out often for a press that we'll give you a lifetime no hassle warranty on."

Don't take me wrong, I just bought a 550 myself and love it, but that does bug me a bit.
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every time I have had a part break, wear out or just get lost Dillon has replaced if free and very quickly. The first thing I would do is call them and talk to their customer service people.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure sounds like a lot of broken parts on the perfect reloading press.

I've been using my inferior Lee 4 hole turret press since back in the 90s and I've not had to purchase a replacement part yet. Wonder how that could be?
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We're glad for you, Smitty.

For Dillon users, Dillon will replace most stuff for free, although I don't know if they consider primer orifices as wear parts or not.

The reason to BUY Dillon parts is to have some spares on hand so you don't have to wait for replacements.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    Sure sounds like a lot of broken parts on the perfect reloading press.

I've been using my inferior Lee 4 hole turret press since back in the 90s and I've not had to purchase a replacement part yet. Wonder how that could be?

It didn't break, it just flat wore out. It's a little flexible plastic piece that one would expect to have to replace after 12,000+ primers have been run through it.
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dillon has replaced mine a couple times. I have NEVER called Dillon needing a replacement part where I was charged. My 550 has around 50,000 on it & it runs like a champ. Dillon customer service is outstanding & Lifetime.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [Am I the only one that thinks that's bogus. "Here, buy this bag of parts that wear out often for a press that we'll give you a lifetime no hassle warranty on."]

I'm not sure where you're going with that comment. I'm not a Dillon poster boy and I've had problems with my SDB BUT even though I'm not the original owner, Dillon has provided free parts and did a thorough overhaul for only the cost of shipping the press to them. Parts wear out. Most things are a compromise between weight/size and longevity. I could design a press that would NEVER wear out but it would be huge and heavy causing the operation to be tedious and exhausting.
  • AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    [Am I the only one that thinks that's bogus. "Here, buy this bag of parts that wear out often for a press that we'll give you a lifetime no hassle warranty on."]

I'm not sure where you're going with that comment. I'm not a Dillon poster boy and I've had problems with my SDB BUT even though I'm not the original owner, Dillon has provided free parts and did a thorough overhaul for only the cost of shipping the press to them. Parts wear out. Most things are a compromise between weight/size and longevity. I could design a press that would NEVER wear out but it would be huge and heavy causing the operation to be tedious and exhausting.

What I was really driving at was that the extra parts bag should be included to begin with so if something breaks you don't have to wait for replacement. You fix the problem and call them to send another "backup".
  • GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dillon does include extras when you buy the press new or at least they did when I bought my last one. There was a little plastic bag that had a couple of each of the primer pickup tube plastic tips as well as a couple of the primer tube insert plastic tips as well as an extra carb clip and those little plastic squares that go on the powder measure and maybe something else as well. Dillon tells you in the owners manual that all parts of the press are guaranteed but if you don't want press downtime, you can buy the spare parts kit.