In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

RCBS BIG MAX??

HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
Father just gifted me with a Big MAX. Deciding to keep/sell. I have a Bonanza that I like and have used for many years. Dad mentioned that the Big MAX is good for case forming duties.

It is a Honker! Why are they Serialized?

Comments

• mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    They are worthless, But I will buy it from you [:D]

Put it on the auction side and it will sell for good money if thats what you decide..
    Personally I would keep it...
    Never figured out the reason for the serial number....
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Dang.

That thing is a Hoss.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use mine for all rifle reloading, you can swage cases to another caliber with one finger

reloadingroom2-1.jpg
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I thought my new Rock Chucker Supreme was a good swaging press. And it probably is, but now I feel somehow...inadequate.

I've got Reloading Press Envy[:(]
  • grady mitchellgrady mitchell Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    big max was the 1st 50 bmg press that rcbs made i have one today i bought 20 yrs ago it has the special kit on it or makes it a double handle swage press great press
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grady mitchell
    big max was the 1st 50 bmg press that rcbs made i have one today i bought 20 yrs ago it has the special kit on it or makes it a double handle swage press great press

For those unfamiliar with this press. The second ram rod goes into the hole on the left side, opposite the right handle rod. A operating handle goes between the two ram rods. With both handle rods and the large operator handle the pressure you can exert on cases is unbelievable.

I was able to un-stick cases in dies from my fellow NRA High power shooters with this press. There was never a need to return the die to RCBS, the press would drive it out, the die was screwed in upside down and a drill rod used to drive the stuck case out of the die.

I don't know how many were made by RCBS but they are big-honkin' presses for sure. I load all of my rifle case on it.
  • GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I often wondered why they stopped making those presses. Especially when I see what they are bringing on eBay.
  • deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    only thing i didn't like about mine was the primer catcher,it needed another design in my opinion,just my .02