In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

9mm loading question

375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
What if any difference is there between a .355" dia. bullet and a .356" dia. bullet ? Both are " jacketed " bullets , not plated .

I never gave this much thought , I'm looking to pick up a 1000 on the auction side , and was just wondering [:o)]

Here's the link . ( please don't reply .001" )
http://www.GunBroker.com/item/595019745

I'll be shooting them out of a few types of pistols , including a few Glocks . I know that lead bullets are a no no for the Glocks , will a .356" bullet be safe for them ?

thanks for any info on this .

Comments

• themountainmanthemountainman Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These will perform flawlessly in any 9mm Parabellum or 9mm luger. At a good price esp. considering shipping
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't. :?
  • 375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why are lead bullets a no-no in Glocks?
  • richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Because Glock says so.

2. Something about their rifling type causing fouling w/lead bullets, and then they explode?
  • longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to know. All I shoot is lead bullets, & don't own a Glock.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock uses polygonal rifling, it is "supposed" to increase velocity. It is not a cut type rifling that can grip cast bullets well. I bought a cut rifling barrel and sold the original Glock barrel so I can shoot cast lead bullets.

When you shoot lead it will not spin properly unless very hard, the bullet will skid down the barrel leaving gobs of lead. I found cast bullets in a Glock with factory barrels spray a pattern like a shotgun and not group at all. When I switched my G-21 to a cut rifling barrel the world got much better.
  • 375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fine and dandy about Glocks & lead bullets [:D]

But what are the pro's & con's between .355 and .356 ? Like I mentioned , both are jacketed , not plated . Is one better then the other ?
  • TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had a problem loading and shooting 9mm bullets with small differences of .001 , I am sure you will find more variances in barrel to barrel inner diameters of different guns of the same caliber.
    Of course if you have a barrel that is on the tight side of tolerances and a bullet on the high side you might get better or worse accuracy, and the same can be said of the opposite bullet,barrel differences.
    That said , you won't know till you try a particular loading in you gun, that's why reloading can be both fun and frustrating at the same time !
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    If you load your own ammo be careful when loading .355 bullets in your brand of Brass cases make sure you taper crimp with enough crimp so the bullet will not be pushed inward by the feed ramp when trying to chamber a round if bullet gets pushed inward it will cause High pressure and can cause KABOOM[:(][xx(][V]