In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.308 110 gr Speer Hotcore

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tried them in a 300AAC? I managed to get 5 boxes at Midway when the last batch came in. Was planning to use them as a deer bullet if they perform as other HotCore bullets have for me.

Comments

• gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    I use them in my Blackhawk and Contender in .30 M1; nice, tight groups.
    I have to figure out some way to load them for the carbine....too long for regular seating, and too short might bump pressures too high.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you shot any meat with them?
    I compared the profiles and think they'll work fine in the Blackout. I'd feel some better if I had some comments on how they hold together and expand/penetrate.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A long time ago a buddy bagged a deer with his Ruger 30 carbine pistol using them. I think he had issues with keeping the bullets in the case, this was long before taper crimp dies were common. IIRC he ended up bonding them in my like the factory asphalt type glue.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess I'll crank out a few and see how they work on meat deer.
    The plan is for this to be a step in the progression of deer rifles for Grandsons.
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    I have shot several deer and turkeys with the Sierra .308" 125gr spitzer from a .308 pistol. Worked very well.