In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

today is the day before christmas

midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
At least for me it is. My new scope (and Christmas present to myself) will be here tomorrow. I worked a lot of overtime, mowed a lot of yards, and cut and hauled a couple tons of scrap metal to save up for it. Nightforce competition 15-55x52 with ddr2 reticle in silver/black. I bought it for the 308 im building but knowing myself, it'll probably end up on my ppc sooner or later. I can't wait to play with it!

Got it as a dealer demo so its been mounted and fondled but never shot with. Saved $300 to go that route. Comes with beat up box, screw in lens covers (my favorite kind), and a sun shade. ED glass, fully transferrable lifetime warranty, 1/8 moa clicks with 60 moa of elevation AND windage. No other scope out there with this kind of magnification can say that. Will i ever use it? Well, that's not really the point. [:p] I did a LOT of homework while saving up for this. I'm pretty excited about it and thought id share.

i was torn between this and the 10-60 march for a while. The 5 year warranty, having to send it to japan for potential problems, and the unimpressive reviews on the march put me solidly into the nightforce camp.

The 308 isn't ready and I Dont have 30mm rings to fit my bat ppc so I think I'll throw it on my 223 and go play this weekend. i could share a stock photo but that's boring. I'll upload a pic when its actually here.

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    now you've done it,...you will never be the same. I love my Nightforce scopes, never once did I miss any of the MK IV's I sold to finance the NXS's[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    im worried that will be my case too. i fear i will become spoiled by the nf and want another to permanently ride on my 223. ive already been eyeballing the nxs's. I have a tasco world class 10-40x for it now. Go ahead and laugh. Its shockingly a great scope! Especially for a gun that can't shoot past 300 yards. (Slow twist. Can't stabilize heavy bullets and can't fight the 30mph Texas wind for prairie dogs as it is) I loaned the tasco to a friend and it came back broken. It was shipped out today for repairs. If it can't be repaired, I'm gonna have to replace it anyways. Estimated 8-25week turnaround time. I guess i will cross that bridge when I come to it.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    those world class tascos have a great reputation.

The NF will spoil you in short order.[8D]

when you get a chance, look through an IOR Valdada[:0] that glass is extremely impressive as well.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK midnightrunpaintballer-
    More Goodies for the NXS[:p][:D]
    http://www.barrett.net/optics/bors
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    OK midnightrunpaintballer-
    More Goodies for the NXS[:p][:D]
    http://www.barrett.net/optics/bors

kinda overkill for a 300yd and under prairie dog killer. Maybe when its shot out and I change it to a 6 rem[:)]