In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

shooting league results

use enough gunuse enough gun Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
I shoot smallbore 4-position indoor and compete in a postal league in the winter. The league covers parts of 3 states with about 75 competitors. I got the final results from the 14 matches we fire during the course of the league. I came in 3rd, my best finish so far, 393.9 average,(out of 400 possible).[:D] The last 3-4 matches I was fighting tendonitis in my right arm which dropped my score a bit. I'm pumped!! Dave

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice shooting, are you using an Anschutz 1413-1813 series? Is the match using the A-17 targets? Scope or irons?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958
    Nice shooting, are you using an Anschutz 1413-1813 series? Is the match using the A-17 targets? Scope or irons?

Yep A-17 targets, and no I shoot a Remington 40X match rifle with a Lyman 20X Super Target Spot.(I'm old and the eyes aren't what they used to be). The Jrs. have to use irons but then they also get a break on their handicap, 3/4 point vs. the Seniors getting 2/3 point. A Jr. won the league this year averaging 396 and change. Dave
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the fine shooting and overcoming the tendinitis. Do you use Ben Gay or Heat to control it B4 the shoots?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    3 Advil and gritted my teeth. If things ever slow down around here I've got to go see a Doc. Besides the tendonitis I've also got some bone spurs in my right shoulder. Had bone spurs removed in my left shoulder about 4 years ago, not any fun at all so I'm not really looking forward to the right one. Getting old ain't for sissies.Dave
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations, great shooting!