In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rubber bullets.

glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
Any one know where I can get rubber bullets.A friend back in the UK wants me to get him some as they are getting to get over there.I didnt know they even existed.Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the info.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Not to high-jack but where do you find loading DATA
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Not to high-jack but where do you find loading DATA

Not needed. It's never going to cycle a semi auto; just the primer will push it out of the barrel, and i've heard of people just shooting it with only the primer, or with just a pinch of fast powder- I know a guy who shoots these in his basement over the winter in his .38 special, primer, .25 gr of bullseye (yes 1/4 of a grain). Goes FUT fairly loudly but outside you can't hardly hear more than the sound of a hammer would make. He only started using a tiny bit of powder because the primer alone wouldn't penetrate his 'target', a thick box filled with crumpled newspaper, but a tiny bit of powder was enough to let the rubber bullet punch through the cardboard and stop pretty quickly.

This is his gun, his load, his basement. I have never done this and certainly don't advocate for it one way or another.

I suppose you could load them up to whatever you wanted, but at much speed at all it's just going to destroy the bullet so it's kind of pointless to go above gallery loads.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I have Speer plastic cases and bullets that just use primers to shoot. Midway has them.
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If shooting those indoors, I would pay attention to getting some fresh air in, and the old air out as breathing the output of primers is probably not very healthy.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those Speers are nothing to underestimate, up close.