In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Load for .41 Mag ?

EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
Okay folks I need a load. I now have in my grubby little hands a box of lead 195gr hollow base wadcutters for my .41. Now that I have waited all this time for them I do not see any load info for this weight. Any problems using info for the 200 gr lead bullets?

I would like to run these at around 900 fps, due to the powder shortage all I have are Unique, W231 and BullsEye.

I shoot a 215 gr semi wadcutter with 3gr of BullsEye and they run 500 - 550 fps.

So where would be a good place to start? I would like the first round to at least come out of the barrel not like my first 215 gr. [8D]
Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.

Comments

• Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The data for the 200 grain cast should be fine for the 195. I have an old Lyman manual that lists a 199 grain cast bullet with B'eye from 3.0 grain at 641 fps to 5.5 gr at 994 fps. Their Unique loads start at 8 grains @1132 fps to 11 grains @ 1436, so not your target area. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 62fuelie
    The data for the 200 grain cast should be fine for the 195. I have an old Lyman manual that lists a 199 grain cast bullet with B'eye from 3.0 grain at 641 fps to 5.5 gr at 994 fps. Their Unique loads start at 8 grains @1132 fps to 11 grains @ 1436, so not your target area. Hope this helps.

Thanks, this was in the zone I was thinking will give them a try and if the winds hold off run a few through the chrono see how they preform.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.