In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone shooting 6x45mm?

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
I have an irresistible urge to make an AR using this round. Just one of those things that may not be totally logical but still on the bucket list. Over the years, I've accumulated suitable bullets(from previous projects) and a die set plus plenty of 223 brass laid back.
There used to be someone machining and selling 6x45 AR barrels on the auction side but I haven't seen any for a while.

Comments

• Options
    laylandadlaylandad Member Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes. I recently completed a build with a Black Hole Weaponry 1-10 twist 16" barrel.

Awesome round....very easy to load for. I load 85 gr Nosler Partition for deer.
  • Options
    CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 6x45 was, at one time, used by benchrest shooters. And, did you know that it was once considered as a cartridge for the proposed SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon).

Ray
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I was aware that a very similar round was tested but don't recall the specifics.
    My intentions are to use a large supply of Hornady 80 grain SSP bullets which were left over from a short lived attempt to down load a 243. Since I have everything except a barrel, the project won't be too expensive.
  • Options
    laylandadlaylandad Member Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you will enjoy it.