In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Red Dot

I have been to a few gun shows and I do not see any Red Dot shotgun powder. I do see a lot of others, but no Red Dot. Any body see it elsewhere?

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see it quite frequently. My local Sportsman's warehouse just had 8# jugs or $136.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    There was some at the show Sat-Sun [^]
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Plenty available, but most people buy it in the 4 or 8 lb so you may not find it in a single lb bottle if that's what you are looking for.

I still have 20+ lbs of the old stuff and I understand the new is a lot cleaner. If you can't find Red Dot then go for 700X which is just about the same burn rate.
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Promo loads like Red Dot.
  • groundhog244groundhog244 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Living in North-East Pa. and going around to the different gun shows, you would think somebody would have it. Even when I go in to the smaller gun shops, those folks can't get it either (that is for now). Thanks everybody for your input
    Lew
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Groundhog: I have never found gun shows as the place to buy powder. Try the following in your area (I hope).
    Firing Line - PHilly
    Suburban Armory - Collingdale
    Locks Philadelphia Gun - Philly
    Gordon's Sports - Uwchland
    King Shooters -King of Prussia
    In Site - Norristown
    Miller's Sports - Linwood

If all else fails you can order from ConniesComponents.com located in WA. They include the HazMat fee in their pricing. Buy 8 lbs. and then your good for awhile. You might also check GB, as there is Red Dot every so often.
  • XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a powder shipment last week, Red Dot, Green Dot, Promo, Unique, Clay Dot all 8#. & a few different 1# jugs of rifle & pistol powders.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Have not seen any Alliant products in my area for about 2 years except some of the obscure stuff that few use..............