In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Warning about reloading question?

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
I just read this on an ad for Lee dies;

Warning: Do not use reloads in Glock or similar guns with chambers that do not fully support the cartridge due to the intrusion of the feed ramp.

I have a Springfield 40 cal XDM, will I have a problem?
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1
    No...you wont have a problem...you wont with any Glock over gen 2 either.

Newer Glocks have tighter chambers....no more "glock bulge".

It really wasnt a big problem with early glocks either....reloader error was the problem...not the pistol
  • Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by the middle
    No...you wont have a problem...you wont with any Glock over gen 2 either.

Newer Glocks have tighter chambers....no more "glock bulge".

It really wasnt a big problem with early glocks either....reloader error was the problem...not the pistol

While I'm really not much of a pistol guy, the problem as I understand it, is that there are supported and partially supported/unsupported barrels; the Glock Bulge in brass is a result of firing in an unsupported barrel. There are dies available to "iron out" the Glock Bulge, among them is one called appropriately enough, "The Bulge Buster"
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This was posted on another website, with the barrel on the left being unsupported.

CaseSupport2-1.jpg
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    NordicwargodNordicwargod Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its more of a chamber issue than a glock issue. Brass fired from my G22 or G23 is no big deal to resize and function in my match grade barrel 1911 which has a chamber tighter than my case gauge! But you do have to check! Lone Wolf barrels [like the one pictured] have very tight chambers too! And are not as accurate as stock glock barrels! They are not as strong either so why use or worry about them unless you want to do a caliber conversion. I don't have an XD but I don't think you will have a problem. I know two people who reload 40 and compete with their XDs with no issues.
    Problems with 40cal are way overblown! The issue started with a gun writer with a grudge against glock. An article was written and then repeated by others, and then repeated in forums like this one. Pretty soon second gen glocks were seen as hand grenades ready to blow up and kill or injure everyone holding one.
    I've been reloading my gen 2 fired glock brass over and over with no issues. Have my fingers, hands, and eyes. Only case failure I have had was a 45acp seperation, and that was in a 1911.