In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

25-06 Sendero

I have a 25-06 Sendero. Worked on bolt, trigger and installed muzzle brake and is topped with Leupold VX7L. I have ran a box of Remington Express Core-Lokt 120 gr. 1 box Hornady Superformance 117 gr. Best groups that i can get is about 3 inches at 200 yds. Looking for someone with experience with this caliber.What cartridge works best with this caliber or will it not shoot any better than that.

Comments

• mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Find someone that will load 100 grain Ballistic Tips in your rifle, for your rifle and it will probably shoot lots better... Check out the crown while your at it too....
  • mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nosler 100gr BT, H4831, partial or neck sized. And why do you need a muzzle brake?
  • jdr308jdr308 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure if you want to use a lighter bullet but 51gr.of h-380 and a 75gr. v-max is extremely accurate out of my 25-06. and it is great groundhog medicine.!! At 100yd. its touching the same hole shooting off a sandbag.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To my way of thinking 3 inches at 200 yards seems fine for factory fodder. Dead is dead.

To get better will take handloads.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In reality your not using that great of ammo. Remington core lokt is junk ammo when it comes to accurate rifle ammo. The bullet is good for hunting, but it is not an accurate round. When I say accurate, not accurate enough for what your looking for.

If you don't reload, I would try some Federal 85 grain Noslers ballistic tips.

My .25 will shoot very will in the 85-95 bullet range.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a sendero will do much better at 200yds than 3". Mine in 7 mag will run federal premiums at 1" and less at 200yds.

who installed the muzzle break? did they re-do the crown? are they a qualified gunsmith?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    To my way of thinking 3 inches at 200 yards seems fine for factory fodder. Dead is dead.

To get better will take handloads.

There is NO way a Sendero should be shooting 3" groups at 200...except for the ammunition. That rifle should shoot sub .5 MOA with good factory ammo.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Second comment I have, why the hell put a muzzle break on a .25-06?