In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

IMR 8208BR reloading?

look-nlook-n Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
IMR 8208BR-- Has anyone been able to load .204 , .223 ,or 308 with this new IMR8208BR powder? Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Options
    skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have settled on that powder in my 204 Ruger. I use a 40gr bullet and it works "best" in my application. Have not tried in 223 or 308.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are several writeups and tables of load data in the current (2010) Hodgdon Annual Manual - which you need, anyway.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    23.6gr behind a 69gr Sierra has proven to be the most accurate load for my frankengun AR. I get between 1" and 2" groups consistantly at 200yds

It has also worked for my 22-250 and 50gr VMAXs.

I am impatiently waiting for winter to see if the claims of temperature insensitivity are true.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just remember that so-called "temperature insensitivity" doesn't apply to all cartridges or even all loads in the appropriate cartridges. You might see what you'd call improvement, or no change from other powders, or even worse performance. In my opinion (let me stress that) the whole thing is more marketing hype than a real benefit.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup! I am aware or the marketing hype that goes on. It would be nice to have one load that works well at 80 degrees and -10 degrees though.

Right now I have two loads for each caliber I load for. The one for cold weather gets put away in the back of my cabinet so it doesn't get fired in the summer. Above 45-50 degrees, bolts get a little sticky.[B)]