In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

333 OKH Belted

hanco1hanco1 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
I have a .333 OKH Belted. It is almost impossible to find load info for it. Would it be safe to use info for the .338 Win Mag with the same weight bullets. My .333 cases are made from .338 Win Mag brass. Changing them to .333 alters them very little. Thanks

Comments

• steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive found on the internet where Elmer Kieth says that the 338 Winchester is just the 333 OKH Belted with a slightly larger bullet. Thats at www.elmerkeithshoot.org/GA/1982_09_Big_Game_Bullets.pdf There is a very small reloading section for 333 OKH Belted at www.accuratereloading.com
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What rifle is it on? I haven't seen a belted version. Does yours have the primer flash carried to the base of the bullet as the origonal 333 OKH via a tube inside the case?

Edit: Sounds like a nice rifle. How far of the lands are your bullets? I would not load any hotter than 338 data and I would work up to that very slowly.
  • hanco1hanco1 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the links. I had seen the accurate reloading one before,but I have 200 grain bullets.This rifle was built by Charlie O'Neil on a remington 1917 action.I have read about the trick cartridge,but this doesn't have that. The rifle is nicely built. I loaded 67 grains of IMR 4350. I strapped it in a lead sled and tied a string on the trigger for the first couple of shots. It had no signs of excessive pressure.I was surprised at how little recoil the rifle has.