In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.338 lapua

just picked up a .338 lapua. and was wondering if anyone had any load reciepes for this cal. i dont have any ammo as of yet, but i got brass on the way along with dies. any info would be great thanks. case

Comments

• mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Check out the new RL33 @ 97.5 103.5 grains with the 250 SMK.. or 103.5 97.5 with the 300 grain SMK..

Straight from Alliant...........

EDIT: changed for correct charge.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrbruce
    Check out the new RL33 @ 97.5 grains with the 250 SMK.. or 103.5 with the 300 grain SMK..
    Straight from Alliant...........

I think you mean 103.5- 250 gr SMK

97.5- 300 gr SMK
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I think you mean 103.5- 250 gr SMK
    97.5- 300 gr SMK

Yep thats exactly what I meant to say...
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tomcat; a valuable lesson was just learned here for all of us: ALWAYS double (or triple) check proposed loads against the loads published by the powder manufacturer of the brand you intend to use...an innocent and unintentional oopsy on an internet keyboard may mean a HUGE oopsy when the 6 grain increase in the amount of powder in the case of the offered recipe causes your gun to blow up in your face! [xx(]
  • mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    Take yas pick & drop the guy a donation, of thanks.[;)]

http://stevespages.com/338_9.html
  • tomcat_blackknightstomcat_blackknights Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh yes lesson learned. I always double check anyones advice on powder charges. Even my own. I bought a savage 110 ba. It will be alittle while b4 I get out to shoot this gun. I still am waiting on brass and dies b4 I get started plus I still need to put a scope on it. I know I asked for advice, but I decided to go with H4831 for powder since I have a few other rifles currently using that. N e one using that powder for this cal let me know what u think. Also check out my post on ultrasonic cleaners. Thanx