In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

shot bar binding

peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone have trouble with a universal shot bar on a Mec 600 loader? Trying to load 7 1/2 size shot, will work a few times then when going from powder to shot will bind. Does not bind without shot. Need help, Thanks

Comments

• peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I mean charge bar, sorry
  • cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quite often a small piece of string from the bag gets in there and binds the bar.
    edited November -1
    Will see if that might be my proublem, but when you pour shot out of bottle every thing works just fine.
  • Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    When you push the charge bar over to drop the shot, does the bar jam to a stop after moving about an eight of an inch? If so, try moving it back a tiny bit. If it clears then you have to figure out where it's binding at the cut off of the shot column in the measuring chamber. Sometimes just loosening the shot bottle a small amount will solve the problem, otherwise try putting a washer between the shot bottle and the charge bar to eliminate the binding point.
    I deal with this a lot when using 7 1/2 or 8 shot.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The rubber cushion piece in your charge bar needs replaced. It gets smashed down from leaving shot in the bottle. When the charge bar goes to the right to drop the shot it tries to shear a piece of shot.

I have sheets of pure copper about .015" thick. I'll cut an exact shape shim to put under it to raise it back up until my new one comes in.
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bam bam hit it. Get a few replacement washers.
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I was thanking it was the rubber washer. I will try a shim till I get my new rubber washers. Have a nice day.
  • benellisupersportbenellisupersport Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It should have a brass washer also under the rubber washer..my 600 jrs do..
  • benellisupersportbenellisupersport Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thats on the powder side...not the shot side...mine drags sometimes...if i fill the shot bottle over half full..