In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

30-30 question

uni82uni82 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭
I have a Marlin 336 that I am reloading today. I have 200 bullets of 110 grain carbine round nose. Can I load those safely in my level action tube feed 30-30? They are round nose but they look more pointed than normal round nose. I am just being cautious because I don't want one to fire off in the tube. I want to use these bullets because I don't have another use for them. Thanks!

-JD

Comments

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could file them down. But you are probably safe without.
  • uni82uni82 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone else have an opinion?

-JD
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,133 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They'll be fine.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure to set a good crimp, I bet those little guys don't have much for the case neck to grip.
  • BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Riomouse911
    Make sure to set a good crimp, I bet those little guys don't have much for the case neck to grip.

+1 Loaded a few 110 gr bullets 25 years or so ago. Know we fired them thru 336's maybe even a 94 also. No problems. Don't recall why we had the bullets, but we loaded them up with our odd primers and powder to plink around shooting turtles, snakes and such.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,133 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I forgot to add this: If this is for a fun load, my Plinker Load will work just fine. Standard primer, 10.0 Unique. You don't need much crimp with these in my experience, because there is so little recoil the rounds in the tube don't "bounce". Prepare for extra-wide grins.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.