In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Taurus 22 mag revolver cylinder probs

nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
"inherited" a 4" barrel stainless steel Taurus 22 mag (8 shot, the model 941?) that's positively stunning.

Here's the problem: I can hardly get the cylinder to unlatch and roll out of the frame. Practically takes an act of Congress and a strong mule to get it to flip out. Everything looks good from what I can tell, seems well lubricated, I'm at a loss (because I'm lazy and stupid.)

Any advice?

Comments

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer
    "inherited" a 4" barrel stainless steel Taurus 22 mag (8 shot, the model 941?) that's positively stunning.

Here's the problem: I can hardly get the cylinder to unlatch and roll out of the frame. Practically takes an act of Congress and a strong mule to get it to flip out. Everything looks good from what I can tell, seems well lubricated, I'm at a loss (because I'm lazy and stupid.)

Any advice?

Ask in the right forum.[:D] Go over to ATE
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure the ejector rod is screwed all the way in. Could be crud not allowing the latch button to fully travel enough to unlatch easily. The crane could be bent from someone snapping the cylinder shut (Dick Tracy). Could need fitted in several places.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Taurus-33525/Revolvers-42264/SmallFrame-38366/941-42022.htm
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crud behind the star?
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure the ejector rod is screwed all the way in. Could be crud not allowing the latch button to fully travel enough to unlatch easily.

I agree, start with these, and check any other detents for sticky travel, too. 'Specially if the former owner used WD-40 on it, that stuff turns into yellow glue if it sits for any length of time

I have one of the 941's too, I really like it.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I have 3 Tauruses (Tauri ??? LOL ) and they all are notorious for the ejector rod wanting to unscrew.... I have also had issued with the detent pin that locks the cylinder, sticking in one gun. I had to polish it a bit.
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2
    I have 3 Tauruses (Tauri ??? LOL ) and they all are notorious for the ejector rod wanting to unscrew.... I have also had issued with the detent pin that locks the cylinder, sticking in one gun. I had to polish it a bit.

It was just unscrewed. Had a hell of a time getting it back together because the threads on the rod are left hand threads.

File that for future reference.