In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pulling bullets

geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
My old kinetic bullet puller that I looked for and found because a friend wanted to pull some old 45's

He asked how does it work? The adjustable spring loaded chuck was missing. It was always flying apart and one time when it did I couldn't find the missing parts

So I took my 45 shell holder from my Dillon press and used that. It worked well for all 200 cartridges

I asked him y so many? He said they were all mixed up and he didn't know what powder grain they were.

I ask him how did he know that
He said because some would shoot high and some would shoot low

I said maybe It's u[:)]
O no not me, it's the ammo[8D]

bulletpuller3.jpg

Comments

• geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    While reading an M1 post I noted Charlie gave a recommendation on Mil bullets to seat the bullet deeper to break the seal and then pull the bullet.

Having pulled thousands of Mil bullets (the hard way)I thought this was an easy process to make removal very easy. Thanks, I'll try it next time. May reduce the marks on the bullets.

I only pass this on in a post since it may not have been picked up by everyone. I learn something every week from you guys, thanks.
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    I have some 30/30 cartridges of unknown origin.I have a RCBS bullet puller with interchangable collets.I haven't been able to pull hese bullets.I've never had a problem before.Since these are so hard to pull,could that have caused high chamber pressure?Any ideas would be appreciated.I don't even have a rifle that shoots 30/30's
    Thank You
    Jim
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a good idea.
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used it and it is excellent for breaking that asphaltic seal that sets like epoxy after all the years.