In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RCBS Trimmer

bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
I bought another trimmer on GB. The Pacific/Hornady trimmer I bought had .012" runout. This one has .002" runout. Only problem I have now is I have 6 Hornady pilots that I can't use and none for the RCBS[V]

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    get the power version[:p] mine cuts case mouths to ~.0005" concentricity, and makes trimming a FAST process.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got this one on a good deal, $30. Wish I had the money for a power one, but this one will do all I trim for the time being. I don't trim .38/.357 and I only own about 100-120 rifle brass. I need to get rid of the pilots for my first trimmer and buy some more for this RCBS.
  • Options
    375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on that power trimmer . I'v been watching for a good deal on a used one .

Just can't seem to load any rifle cases unless their all trimmed to the same length , guess I'm just * like that [:o)]

Nothing but RCBS will do , my reloading bench has all Green on it when it comes to equipment [:p]

Not that there is anything wrong with the others !!!
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam
    I got this one on a good deal, $30. Wish I had the money for a power one, but this one will do all I trim for the time being. I don't trim .38/.357 and I only own about 100-120 rifle brass. I need to get rid of the pilots for my first trimmer and buy some more for this RCBS.

Ebay has about any size RCBS pilot you need.
    List your Hornady trimmer and pilots on there.
    Also GB auction #228518792 has the 8 pac of RCBS pilots.
    You can sell your Hornady things there too.
    RCBS makes a power adaptor so you can use a power screw driver or drill with the trimmer.