In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CH shell holder chart? anyone have one?

sparkyvsparkyv Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
Just got a Wilson trimmer came with 45 ch holders, would any one have chart for the different groups? Iv goggled and couldn't find any. Thanks

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "ch shell holder chart" first thing that comes up

http://www.darkcanyon.net/shellholdertable.html see last column on right.
  • sparkyvsparkyv Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    That's not it, looking for the trimmer die holders they have letters, group I, K, and such. not numbers
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Shellholder" is commonly thought of as the press insert that holds the rim of the cartridge for reloading. Do I understand correctly that you mean the cylindrical holder that the cartridge slips into for trimming? The newer ones are stamped with cartridge designations but I have a couple that I got long ago (.220 Swift & 7x61 Sharpe & Hart) that are not so marked. I will see what I can find in my old references.

Do you really have 45 of those cylinders?!!

EDIT: Found It! 1967 Shooter's bible. If you can list the letters that you have, I can tell you what they fit. I found a couple CH mixed in with my Wilsons so I can tell you right now that A is .30/06 and F is .220 Swift. And your I is .300 Win. Mag. and K is .225 Winchester.

EDIT: And there actually are a lot of them: I count 51 rifle cartridge holders and a bunch more handgun holders including M .357 Magnum, P 9mm Luger, and V .38 Super. Also, some of the holders did have cartridge designations on them instead of letters; for example, .348 win.
    edited November -1
    Yes I got 42 of them and the Wilson trimmer. All have group letter designations. I just got done cleaning them up , had surface rust, Look good now.

[img][/img]410829206.jpg[img][/img]410829208.jpg
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chart for CH shellholders and case holders for trimmer.
    http://www.ch4d.com/products/dies/caliber-list

Just glancing through the list, I don't think they have 42 different sizes. Have you got a lot of duplicates? Or sizes they don't make any more?
    edited November -1
    All sorted and boxed.
    [img][/img]410830240.jpg