In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Small shotgun primers?

grayingghostgrayingghost Member Posts: 131 ✭✭
Am fairly new to shotshell reloading, have been doing 12 Ga. rather well and wanted to try 16 Ga. All manuals I have say they should use 209 primers, but those are too big. The spent primers from my cases are noticably smaller. These are older shells, got'em with the Win. M12 I bought maybe 30 yrs. ago (Gun ser. # traces to 1939)
They didn't have plastic hulls then did they? Heads mkd. Remington Peters 16 Ga. hulls mkd. Shur Shot Power Piston. Can I get primers for these or is it a lost cause?

Comments

• richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Older Remington hunting loads used their smaller diameter #57 primer, a size also made back then by CCI as their #157. Don't know if either is available anymore.
  • 20gabob20gabob Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depending on how many you need and your location, i have some od the small #57 size primers.Contact me at bratterree@cox.net
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I've got some once fired 16 gauge shells lying around... I THINK... yours for free if you want them, they're all less than 15 years old so should take the standard 209.

email endofwork@netzero.net if interested, I'll see what I have.