In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

loading 7MM Rem Mag BAR

60DWLb460DWLb4 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
y'all were so helpful on loading for my M1 Garand. I thought I would ask if there is anything special I need to do for this rifle. Are certain powders more compatible for the timing of the pressure curve?
Does anyone have a favorite load they would like to share? I have Horndy 162 SST bullets, IMR 4350, IMR 7828SSC, IMR 4831, and IMR 4895.
I thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Belgium one on 30-06. Shot good with about anything I feed it. It had a good tight chamber that responded well to neck sizing only. I ran lots of different powder and bullets. The design of the gas system is more tolerant.

A side note this was the only autoloading rifle I every shot that the brass came out so hot I couldn't pick it up right away.

If you have issues with sizing, I'm not sure they made a small base die set in 7mm R. Mag.. There are/were some belted case base collet type sizer.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the 7828 and the 4831 would be what I started with.
  • 60DWLb460DWLb4 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank You for your help.
    I loaded a box last night. IMR 7828 SSC 62 Gr with the 162 grain bullet. I will try them this weekend. What is the purpose of cutting a powder shorter. Is there any difference in the way it performs?
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 7mm Rem Mag likes H4831SC & H1000 in 162gr Amax's
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cutting the powder (reducing stick size) allows it to flow more evenly through powder measures.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I'm like bambambam, my old Rem. 700BDL likes 150gr. Noslers and H1000.
    W.D..