In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lee Loader

Just recedntly picked up a Lee Loader. The all in one loading kit with the pre measured powder scoop. I am used to reloading with a rergular press, but have never tried one of these Lee loaders.
I got it, thinking this might be nice to take to the range and work up some different loads.

Has anyone tried the Lee Loader set up and whats your opinion on them? Are they fairly accurate?
I figured I would also take along a battery powered digital scales to re-check the powder scoop load.

Thanks ahead of time for you replies.

Comments

• magicyardsalesmagicyardsales Member Posts: 8
    edited November -1
    Information on this round 22/25
    edited November -1
    if you are interested in reloading and dont want to spend bunch of money buy a lee loader for $12 and see if you like it the lee loader will teach you the basics and the cost is minimal and you really can make some acurate loads I reloaded 1000's of rounds with them remember it only neck sizes the case so dont mix and match your brass with other rifles

Load on Sunday shoot all week!!!
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    What?

Did you come across a Lee Loader marked "22/25"????

There is a 22/250 cartridge. No 22/25.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 22-250 is one of my favorite varmint rounds. Lee loaders are ok but I like the Lyman 310 stuff way better.
    edited November -1
    Hi, this loader is not for the 22-250. it is stamped 22-25 made be for 1963 by Lee Costom, Engineering Inc. I called Lee the newer company and they have no clue, no data . It must have been a custom load, black powder maybe. Thanks for your help, it will go in to my junk drawer.
    edited November -1
    Post some good pic's. The 2R Lovell was made from the 25-20 Single Shot (not the common 25-20 WCF) necked to 22. Maybe the last 0 didn't get stamped or printed for the 22/250. See if a 308 fits the priming base.
    edited November -1
    Hi, it is stamped 22-25. There is one on ebay in the same cal. stamped 22-25 they don't have a load data sheet for it . the one i have dose look like it has ever been used. the one on ebay dos not look used also.
    edited November -1
    You are correct shows one for sale mark 22/25 on listing. Can't see the primer seating unit (its up side down). There is farther down listed for sale as 22/250 but the picture on the die body shows it is stamped 22/25. And the primer seating unit looks correct for 7mm Mauser base.