In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lee 4 Hole Turret Parts...

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
I just broke the primer assembly thingy for small primers on my Lee 4 hole turret press. I accidentally knocked it off of the top shelf in the cabinet and it hit right on the little hook portion and broke it off.

So I went to Lee's web site to order a replacement plus some extra's, 5 of them in all, 3 small and 2 large.

I was surprised to find that for all 5 of them the only charge was for shipping, a total of $8.19.

They've always had good customer service. I once stripped the threads out of one of my powder measures and they sent me one free that included shipping charges.

That's the only 2 things that I've had any need of parts for since I purchased my 4 hole turret press back when they first came out about 30 plus years ago.

1169-01_zpslw4raqbx.jpg

companyname_small_zpslrdegn1g.gif

SKU Product Item price Quantity Total Weight
BP2889A P ARM ASSM SMALL $0.00 3 $0.00 0.13 lbs
BP2889B P ARM ASSM LARGE $0.00 2 $0.00 0.13 lbs
Subtotal: $0.00
Shipping cost: $8.19

Total: $8.19 0.65 lbs

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use LEE single stage and turret presses and not ashamed to admit it. I've worn out 4 or 5 Challenger presses mainly sizing .223 brass and actually like using the el-cheapo open front presses for bullet seating. The "progressive" presses not so much as I've had a couple and sold them due to inconsistent primer feed(Dillon SDB loads all my high volume handgun ammo now).
    Using common LEE parts I had on hand, I assembled a "sequential" .223 loader that takes a prepped and primed .223 case through charging, powder level check, bullet seating, and crimping in one lap around the turret.
    Since I prefer to do all the prep work one step at a time in lots, this works better for me than a far more expensive Dillon rifle caliber capable press.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do everything on my 4 hole turret press with 4 pulls of the handle. I don't do any pre prepping of the casings other than tumbling.

1. I tumble my brass with the spent primers still in the casings so that when I reload I resize and decap and seat a new primer in the first step.

2. The next step it flares and fills the casing with powder.

3. The next step seats the bullet

4. The last step crimps the bullet with the Lee Factory Crimp die.