In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

32 ACP with 60 gr Gold Dot & WW231 load?

Anyone loading WW231 in the 32 ACP with a 60 gr Gold Dot? How much and what is your OAL?

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Couldn't find data for the 60gr and 231.
    For a 71gr. start at 2.1 to 2.4gr. max.
  • yonsonyonson Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Referencing an article from Nov. 2002 American Rifleman (From the Loading Bench): .32 ACP, Speer 60 gr. Gold Dot, 2.8 gr. Win. 231 powder, 0.94" OAL, velocity 945 fps. Info reported to be from Speer Reloading Manual No. 13, with a caution not to reduce the charge even 0.2 or "extreme pressure/velocity variations may result". Be aware that in such small cartridges, variations of plus or minus 0.1 gr. is a substantial percentage of the total charge (in .25 ACP it approaches 20%!). The accuracy limits of most powder scales leave no room for error in the small rounds.
    I have some factory Speer Gold Dot 60 gr. ammo & that measures 0.90 OAL, don't know what the load is.
  • gknaka2gknaka2 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters

Do powder measures even throw that low? I know with the Lee you would definitely need the micro disk.
  • 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    My Redding pistol powder measure does.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gknaka2
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters

Do powder measures even throw that low? I know with the Lee you would definitely need the micro disk.

My Lyman 55 and RCBS little dandy will.