In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reloading

uni82uni82 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭
I came into possession of a Pacific DL 150 reloader, but it came with no manual, so I have no Idea what order the shot shell must go thru in order to be reloaded, can someone with the same model or the knowledge help me.
Thanks

Comments

• uni82uni82 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    loading data for .308 caliber ftx bullets
    edited November -1
    Just got some 125 gr slugs for a 30-30 post 1964 Winchester. My data is for 110 or 150 gr loads. I use IMR 4064 powder. Does anyone have data for this type of workup? I bought these when it was impossible to get any type of components. Thanx Obama!
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
    Llama girl
    edited November -1
    ok i have read threw the two pages here, didnt find what im looking for, if i go an buy a lee turrent kit, what else would i need beside the dies/powder/tumbler. to get this into operation. from watching the guys on you tube they dont use the little primer cleaner tool, unless they did that before making the videos. also i would buy a digitl scale for powder weigh ups. now i have searched,maybe not under the right keywords, but i have looked for the answers.
    edited November -1
    I have a 40-63 ballard What's best, Black powder or pyrodex?
    edited November -1
    I am thinking of starting to reload my ammo and I'm wondering what is the best set for the least amount of money.
    edited November -1
    Hello Everyone, I'm Joe. It has been 15 minutes since the last time I reloaded. I have been addicted for 3 years now. When I reload, time stands still. On my days off, I reload. I am obsessed with accuracy and getting that sub MOA at 200 yards for my simple hunting rifle. When I go to bed at night, I think on how to make my bench rest more sturdy and strap my gun in so when I do my ladder at 200 yards, human error is taken out of the equation.

Someone once told me that I might not be the only one.That there are more out there.

My name is Joe and I am addicted to reloading.

[:D]
    edited November -1
    Would like to know if someone could help with question I have. Thinking about a hornady lock n load ap wondering if I can use the dies I already have or do I have to use hornady dies.THX Ron
    edited November -1
    I think I have made the decision to get on the reloading band wagon. I'm looking for someone in the nor cal---east of Sacramento area as a tutor. From walking me through the purchase of a dependable set up to educating me on the first run. I have lots of brass--38, 9mm 40, 45, 44, 223 243 308 and soon--44.40. I'm a tactile learner so hands on with a mentor is far more effective to me as opposed to just buying equipment and reading a book. Plus---meeting new people.

Thanks in advance
    Bret
    edited November -1
    Tell me about reloading. What do I need to have? Would this cover all of the tools I need? http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00005085003
    All I want to reload right now is 40cal and 30-06. How much money can a person save by reloading? How many times can the brass cases be used?
    I'm sure I will think of more questions later.
    edited November -1
    I want to get into reloading what is the best press to go with. I have heard alot of good about a dillon press??? are they worth the $$$. if so what model
    edited November -1
    hello all im thinking about getting into relaoding and i have a few questions
    i want to reload rifle and pistol do i have to get differnt presses or just die?
    and i alos want to load muliple shotgun gauges do i have to get differnt presses or can i get conversions
    and what are the best ones for beginners
    thanks in advance for your time and expertice
    edited November -1
    I shoot a Marlin guide gun for hunting in 45/70. With the introduction of the 450 with the new pointed ballistic tip bullets, I would like to know if I can use these bullets in my 45/70 reloads.
    edited November -1
    I am in the process of looking for equipment. I want something that I can reload my rifles as well as my 9mm. Is there one that is better than the other? Any help would be appreciated.
    Ike
    edited November -1
    I am looking for some help trying to find some lead bb size shot any help would be appreciated
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HI JOE[:D] Welcome
  • zimmdenzimmden Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on recognizing the first stages of the addiction. Most people I know get over it in 30 to 40 years, some take a little longer. All deserve a little sympathy.
    edited November -1
    I love the smell of gunpowder when I pour it into my lyman 55!

[^]
  • tskrytskry Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the first step is admitting your an addict...

there is no cure[^]
  • JustjumpJustjump Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a little story about the upside of reloading you may not have thought of.

Once long ago I was a single father with 6 children... Wait wrong story. Ok I was dating this cute blonde girl and not being the overly social type we just took a drive up an old forestry road open to off road vehicles or my 3/4 ton 4x suburban. Anyway got way back in the boondocks and spotted an old appliance someone had dumped years before. I told the aforementioned blonde to cover her ears and pulled out a smith 625 45 acp loaded with cast 200gSWC over probably some 700X. cracked off 6 rounds and popped the moonclip out and dropped it on the center console. Cute blonde grabs it up and takes a deep long inhale and says "God I love that smell". I knew she was the one. On may 22 we will celebrate our 10th anniversary which is miracle in itself. Without reloading I may never have found my true love!!!
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello group, my name is David.

I have such a problem I have been known to take loaded ammo out to shoot just so I have more cases to load.

Can anyone help me?
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tskry

the first step is admitting your an addict...

there is no cure[^]

There's not even a 12 step program offering false hope for a cure or managing the addiction and I'm glad there isn't. [:D]
    edited November -1
    JustJump- Shes a keeper!

My fiance (getting married june 25) wasn't that big into shooting when we met. Now she respects my privacy when I go to my reloading table which is right now in our master bedroom in our one bedroom apartment. The best part is she loves shooting. We take out my beretta 12 gauge and she out shoots me all day. She has tighter groups with the 10/22 than me. She is a great shot and has not have had 10-15 people telling her how to shoot, just one. I try to teach her the fondumentals of shooting and she listens to a T.

Oh yea, and my wedding gift from her is going to be a smith and wesson ar 15 MOE. I think shes a keeper too!!!

She is my enabler. [:D]

There are more like us out there. There is hope.
  • longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi- I'm a reloader also. Been reloading for 4 years. My work shop is being overwhelmed by reloading supplies & equipment. I've moved my woodworking & metal working equipment off to a corner to make room for another reloading bench. I buy a different ga. or cal gun so I can get more reloading stuff. I have boxes of shells & center fire ammo reloaded I may never shoot. My wife decided to start shooting 3 yrs ago, & that just adds fuel to the fire. Can you help me ..... find more reloading stuff?
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does this mean I have to come out and admit I've been reloading way too many calibers for too many years with no hope of making them all benchrest shooters? Or is there ever an end to finding a cool rifle and what reloading will do for it?

Okay...{breaks down[:(]} admits... loading for 31 different cartridges has it's plusses and minuses...but I'm an addict[;)] And it won't change! You can't change me.
  • yonsonyonson Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a very simple cure for reloading addiction. It occurs naturally just after you draw your last breath.
    edited November -1
    I'm 24 years old.....so my cure will come in a long time (i hope). I have time for my cure.

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iam addicted[;)]Thirty years now.
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome Joe, there is NO known cure for the affliction .It is a lifelong ,barely manageable chronic condition .Much like a boat it is a bottemless pit into which all your money will sink into.You suddenly get the hots for spare brass laying around at the shooting range ,your heart pounds when you smell the aroma of IMR4350,your palms itch when someone demonstates a dillon progressive press on youtube.Yes you are royally and truly screwed ....... ain't it GREAT!
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
    edited November -1
    second best feeling in the world!
  • longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been melting wheelweights during the winter. Made 100 lbs of 7 1/2 shot last night. Have another 400 lbs of lead to use up, & I'm still looking for more lead.
  • wiley77wiley77 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Joe , I too am an addict. Five years ago I had a cheap 22 marlin and was happy. My father in law got me into more serious stuff , you know first it was a S&W 38. Then a makarov, then a ruger mkII 22-250 then ..... the madness doesn't stop. I now have a second job to support my habit and live paycheck to paycheck wondering what to buy. More brass, more bullets, another gun . Where does it stop aghhhhhhhh?
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't it nice that folks with similar afflictions can come together like this and attempt help one another?

The reloading forum might should have been called GA for Guns Annonymous? [:)] [;)] [^]
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I started in 1966 with a Lee manual set - hammer it in hammer it out - and haven't slowed down yet. With 3 partners we wore out a Star press. THERE IS NO CURE!!! I have even been known to go to the gun shop an buy brass just to have something to load. Once I got my little Marlin 322 to put three holes in a nickle at 100 - no edge shots - There was no going back. All you can do is settle in and enjoy the ride.