In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

RCBS UNIFLOW QUESTION

diver1diver1 Member Posts: 502 ✭✭
I have had my uniflow for many years. Last night I developed a problem, only part of the charge would come out of the uniflow. I also noticed that the action seem sticky or draging. I got out the instruction and it talked about cleanning so I took apart the tool and wiped it down. When I put it back together it was worse so can anyone suggest a fix? Thanks for any help. Vince

Comments

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    a lot depends on what type of powder you are using (and what bottom orfice you have). trying to get 80 gns of 4831 into a .22 cal ain't gonna work[:D]
  • zimmdenzimmden Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damp powder from humidity maybe. If static electricity is the culprit, wipe down the reservoir, drum and tube with antistatic dryer sheet. Pour some of your powder through a small funnel to see how it flows. Ball powders are best for uniform loads with the least sticking and easiest flow.
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    mine acts up if i have the small powder end in it there are 2 ,
    one for fine powder and on for course, mine are green see through so i can see if powder comes out,
    the old aluminum ones you could not tell if it stops up

lg grain powder i feel it cutting them on some throws