In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.410 shotshell loading

mike_02mike_02 Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
I am trying to locate information to load .410 shotshells using brass hulls and smokeless powder.

Anyone have any sources?

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have aluminium ex military shells. I just used a power piston and a card wad on top with a rolled type crimp.
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    I have aluminium ex military shells. I just used a power piston and a card wad on top with a rolled type crimp.

What powder? I have both Unique and 2400.
    edited November -1
    I used both unique and 2400. My favorite load was 5 .383 hard cast round balls, would print the Olimpic symbol at 40 yards.
  • victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007

Charlie,

That's a great idea. Been thinking about fireforming some 303 British brass for 410 shotshells.

Where to get the card wads or do you punch them out with a die?

What do you use for making the roll crimp?

Thanks,

Jim
    edited November -1
    My shells were aluminium 3 inch from the air crew servival rifle como 22hornet/410. I cut the wads from tablet backs and waxed milk cartons. I still have the die to cut wads somewhere and like 100 cases. My sister has the Savage 22LR/410 that I loaded for now.

I tried the waterglass sealer but it didn't hold very good for me. A regular type sizing die, (it was during the early 1970's) that I just rocked and turned the loaded shell into, don't recal what it was. I think a correct sized hole started in a piece of steel would make a nice crimp former.

Have made shot load for a 44 Mag with 303B or 30-40 brass.