In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

anyone hear of this brand?

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=UYVBSR0021&src=tpSlrHm
just checked out their website and saw this. i wonder how it compares to the rtcbs chargmaster i just got.

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are in luck. I just completed a test review of the Smart Reloader iSD digital Powder Dispenser. Haven't even mailed the article yet!

The bad news: The machine is designed in Italy, and the instruction booklet is computer translated gibberish I call "Itanglish." Worse, even the supplemental sheet leaves out critical programming steps. There's a new video tutorial that is a LOT better, if you can take notes as fast as the guy is talking. As it comes, the machine is agonizingly slow. Loads take upwards of two MINUTES to run.

The good news: Once you figure out the programming to tweak the defaults, you can drop 50 grains of powder in 10 to 15 seconds. Accuracy is very good, with most loads right on and only a few a tenth over or under. Most overs can be corrected with a bit more program tweaking.

The better news: Prices are very good, and yours truly will provide you with printed instructions in genuine-wine English.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All the tools are Chinese knockoffs of American brands. Every penny you spend on this crap will leave the country , except for what sticks to Natchez . So if everyone buys this stuff we will have exported our reloading manufacture off shore too . How would you feel if your job was exported to China . I already e-mailed Natchez and told them I was done doing business with them . Not a big deal when only one person does it , anyone care to join me ?
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    If you want one get it NOW. The price has about doubled with the US dollar devalued [xx(]
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    i already ordered the rcbs chargmaster for 279 bucks and got it in about a week ago now. just didnt see that brand on there before so was wondering. truth be told i probably would have stuck with the rcbs anyway as thats pretty much all i have in tools to begin with. sounds like a decent unit.

oneoldsap. who are you going to switch to then? dont all the major websites sell as much imported stuff as domestic?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The RCBS and the Hornady are both made in China. Not sure about the Lyman. The PACT is supposedly still made in the US - and it gives folks a lot of trouble, I'm told.

You decide.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    The RCBS and the Hornady are both made in China. Not sure about the Lyman. The PACT is supposedly still made in the US - and it gives folks a lot of trouble, I'm told.

You decide.
    PACT makes all of RCBS's stuff; they are identical except for color and minor cosmetics, and compatible with each other. Difference? Buying right from PACT is FAR cheaper! And they are made in the USA.

I saw this product myself. Might get one if it performs well, and if Rocky is doing a translation of the manual, I'd be fine with it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jonk, that was true about RCBS/PACT with the original Powdermaster - but not now.

The new PACT machine is an upgraded version of the original machine http://www.pact.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=126 and is made in Texas, but it bears no resemblance to the new RCBS Chargemaster.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Pact system has been very fast and accurate for the last 10yrs. I have been extremely pleased with it. But I don't know what they cost now-a-days.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Pact system works great and I am very pleased with it. I have had it for about six years now and do alot of reloading.
  • Options
    norgexxxnorgexxx Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I quit doing business with Natch a couple years ago, as their prices are to high for most of the junk they sell, and to much made in China crap. As for foreign stuff...I do buy the occasional Tarus as they have come along way in the last ten years and opened up facilities in the USA, and their 1911s shoot as well or better then most, and their revolvers for women fit my wifes hand real well. I purchase the occasional Italian western lever-gun or revolver if not made anywhere in the USA, all reloading and other firearms and acc. are USA brands, as I've lost three jobs to NAFTA, but whenever I really wanted a job.....I've found a job. I'ld rather be unemployed in America then rich anywhere else.....but buy American reloading equipment as we can't afford to lose that industry. (Wish RCBS would leave the Republic of Kalifornication as the government there is no friend of the industry, can't understand why they stay there.) I use electronic scales for plinking stuff, still don't trust 'em for accuracy for long-range work. Maybe I'll get over that someday....but I doubt it, balance beams don't need batteries or power....just gravity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Norge, your trust level and a digital machine accuracy level are two different things. In truth, a digital is more than accurate enough even for long-range target reloading. They will all read to a tenth grain.

Beam scales have their drawbacks, too. Dust, static electricity, drafts, leveling, bent beams, burred knife edges and more all affect how accurate or precise a beam can be. Not better or worse than a digital, just different.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab

You decide.
    PACT makes all of RCBS's stuff; they are identical except for color and minor cosmetics, and compatible with each other. Difference? Buying right from PACT is FAR cheaper! And they are made in the USA.

I saw this product myself. Might get one if it performs well, and if Rocky is doing a translation of the manual, I'd be fine with it.

My RCBS 1500 combo has made in China proudly stamped into it.