In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I shot in a 2700 pistol match

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
It is the most fun you can legally have with all your clothes on!

I shot in the Canton McKinley registered regional Pistol match along with the top shooters in the nation. It is considered the warm up for camp Perry National matches, I had a blast. The place was packed, the range is top shelf all the way. Great people, great range and a good time for all. The weather was mostly good with only one relay getting soaked during the middle of the match.

Some one was even nice enough to cross fire during the center fire slow fire match a total of NINE times on two targets, that sure hits the score card hard in a real bad way. The person I scored for challenged me on FIVE scores, she lost every challenge.

If any of you were considering getting into competitive pistol shooting, just do it. The fun you have is well worth the time and money investment.

THANKS PERRY SHOOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    AS they say I got you hooked now all I have to do is reel you in [}:)][;)][:I]. I think if more people tried this great sport we could keep it alive if not make it grow. When I fist started going to Camp Perry almost 1200 shooters now down to about 800 for the pistol Phase. [:(]
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Bpost: Just wait until you fire on the right target, but your scope is on someone else's. I was shooting next to a "Master" at Oak Harbor (50 yd. indoor)and had my scope on his target, so imagine how good I felt until I went down to get my target. Also had a Master cross fire at Camp Perry (first year shooters are grouped with the "Masters"), unfortunately for me he was using a .32 and me a .45, so it was evident which one's were mine. Wind also does some strange things outdoors.

Glad to hear you had a great time. Come shoot with us in the Ohio State indoor at Oak Harbor next year. Strange to shoot 50 yd indoor.

Best regards
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Gee Guy I was shooting under covered firing points and it was slightly raining so I turned my scope onto the target I was to score when we went down range to score . I could see all the hits and none were near a line so I only had to write the score on my card and then go down and change My target when the 10 minutes were up and everyone went down range. We changed targets and came back to shoot the next slow fire . I started shooting along with every one else and Looked through the scope from time to time. Not after every shot, all hits looked at least somewhat on call and nothing out of the 9 ring [^]. I shot my 9th shot and called a pinwheel X but when I looked through the scope I could only find 8 hits[:I][:o)]. I was looking for a double when the shooter to my left went BANG and a hole appeared on my target . I thought That $%#*&+ cross fired on my target. Then I noticed for the first time where my scope was pointed . I looked at my target and with one round still in my pistol I saw a 90 with 5 X's . I put the gun up 4or 5 times and was shaking like a dog that was S**Ting peach pits . Did I CLEAN my first slow-fire target of my life[?][?] You know the answer

can you say 7 [V][:(!]

EDIT Oak Harbor hotel used to have a Sea food buffet on Friday nights that was awesome in the late 90's it went down in quality buy the early 2000's . They also had a car dealer / service station one block off of main street that was turned into a older model Mustang dealer and a Older H.D. restoration shop. I never knew they had a 50 yard indoor range until I stopped going to Camp Perry. was it at the club that had the swap meet for a few years[?]off
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Hello Gee Guy I was shooting under covered firing points and it was slightly raining so I turned my scope onto the target I was to score when we went down range to score . I could see all the hits and none were near a line so I only had to write the score on my card and then go down and change My target when the 10 minutes were up and everyone went down range. We changed targets and came back to shoot the next slow fire . I started shooting along with every one else and Looked through the scope from time to time not every shot all looked at least somewhat on call and nothing out of the 9 ring . I shot my 9th shot and called a pinwheel X but when I looked through the scope I could only find 8 hits[:I][:o)] I was looking for a double when the shooter to my left when BANG and a hole appeared on my target . I thought That $%#*&+ cross fired on my target. Then I noticed for the first time where my scope was point . I looked at my target and with one round still in my pistol I saw a 90 with 5 X's . I put the gun up 4or 5 times and was shaking like a dog that was S**Ting peach pits . Did I CLEAN my first slow-fire target of my life[?][?] You know the answer

can you say 7 [V][:(!]

BTDT!
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    been there done that.[:D]
    fess up...all of you!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.