In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just completed my first 500 reloads, whoop dee doo

floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just finished my 500th reload today! [^]

I know, big freeking deal to most all of you out there because you've done 5 million, but I'm having fun with it. [:p][:)][:D][8D]

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    floorguy24,

Good for you!

Having fun and the satisfaction derived from making your own ammunition successfully is what it's all about. Sure we try to save money by doing it but mostly it's the pleasure and satisfaction.

I always look forward to every reloading session.

Best.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Odd as it may sound I some times hope for a rainy Saturday or Sunday to give me the excuse to head to the basement reloading room and spend the entire day tinkering around with stuff. Last Saturday was such a day, it was nasty cold and rainy most of the day. I went down stairs around 9:30 AM and except for a cup of coffee and a sammich at noon I was there until after 7:00 PM when hunger got my attention.

I loaded some, lubed some cast bullets, sized some cases and sorted fired brass. The day was spent doing something that brings deep satisfaction and inner tranquility to me. The entire day went by in a flash......

You are HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    So what's keeping you from seeing how they shoot?

PS-Then you can recycle them again!
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You do know of course is just wasted possibilities, until you use them ... then and only then they become good components for reloading more! [;)] [^] [:)]
  • floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hah! And to think I wasn't shooting what I've been loading. Shame shame shame. [:p]

Actually, I've shot over half of them. 262, to be exact. I'd have shot all and more by now, but work has been too busy to allow time.

The funny thing is, I'm having as much fun (in a different way) loading the darn things as I am shooting them. [:D][^]
  • reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your 500-round milestone. Soon it will be 5000 [:)] . I have been reloading for about 24 years, and it has become as much a part of my gun hobby as the actual range time. I too enjoy hours at a time at the bench loading, sorting & preparing cases, or just cleaning & organizing things. I find my bench time to be peaceful and extremely enjoyable, and it gives me a great sense of satisfaction to produce my own quality ammo. -Enjoy [8D]
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great hobbie isn't it[;)]I find that reloading relaxes me and I also find it very rewarding.I like to see the results not only when I target shoot but when I harvest something with a bullet that I reloaded. Congrats and good reloading
    edited November -1
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Floorguy,

I hope you mean "whoop dee doo!" in a good way. That's a milestone some never even start down the road to. Remember in this game, Quantity only counts to a reasonable level. Quality is the real deal. All that and savings too[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sandwarrior
    Floorguy,

I hope you mean "whoop dee doo!" in a good way. That's a milestone some never even start down the road to. Remember in this game, Quantity only counts to a reasonable level. Quality is the real deal. All that and savings too[:D]

Quality first and foremost for me. We're on the same page. [^]