In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

40 cal lead bullet

Does someone make a 40 cal. round nose bullet, with no moly whatever coating, for the Glock. I have tried several diffent syles of lead bullets in my Model 22 with a Wolff barrel and had no luck at all. Thanks

Comments

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midway.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=2046277148

You might look at Berry's plated also. I use a ton of them in my 23 & 35.
  • 1917watercooled1917watercooled Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your response. I have tried that type of bullet shape and it doesn't work. The shoulder where the case lip meets the lead hangs on the barrel chamber mouth when fed from the mag. It ends up tearing a small piece of brass from the case lip (ending the case life) and shearing a piece of lead from the bullet. Wolff will not work on the barrel (I called) and I'm not a gunsmith. I'm trying to find a round nose that has no shoulder. Weight of bullet isn't a concern. Thanks
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe try this one? I know it isn't all lead but the prices are pretty good. http://www.berrysmfg.com/product-i14643-c14-g8-b0-p0-.40_Cal_155gr_HBRN.aspx
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had an issue with a Wolf barrel that they didn't bother to finsih. This was for a Glock 19. They did not cut the feed ramop all the way down and it wasn't polished. You might check yours closely. I sent mine back and they reworked it and it is fine now.

I am curious as to why Wolf won't work on yours?
  • 1917watercooled1917watercooled Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read a post where a person sent his barrel back with several empty(no powder or primer) bullets and they worked the barrel so it would feed his 'fodder' correctly. As mine doesn't want to shoot anything lead, a least anything I can find, I called in hopes of getting the same. The lady at Wolffs said no, unless the barrel had a defect. Well, it doesn't feed/shoot what the ads say it will, but I guess that's not a defect.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1917watercooled
    I read a post where a person sent his barrel back with several empty(no powder or primer) bullets and they worked the barrel so it would feed his 'fodder' correctly. As mine doesn't want to shoot anything lead, a least anything I can find, I called in hopes of getting the same. The lady at Wolffs said no, unless the barrel had a defect. Well, it doesn't feed/shoot what the ads say it will, but I guess that's not a defect.

Lead boolits are oversized they need to be set back in the case

I load a 180gr missouri over 4grs of bullseye @ an OAL of 1.100 no problem will case pressure and they feed 100% in my stock KKM G35 barrel (no additional throating)

1.135 will work for jacketed and plated bullets but the leads need to be brought back or you will have to have the barrel throated to except the bigger boolit.
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would call them and tell them that you have tried several bullets and they will not feed with their barrel. They should be willing to take a look at it and test it for you. It may be just the person you dealt with or their understanding.

Something I learned in wholesale years ago. If you call and get shot down call back and talk with someone else. Many times I would get much better results.[;)]
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Won't glock just tell you not to use lead bullets in their barrels?