In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

component data wanted

If you are using Blue Dot and reloading the 327 Fed. Mag. would you please list the component data and anything else you feel may be pertinent. Thanks!(If you would rather not get caught out in public in the opinion storm I'll likely cause, you can PM me.) P.S. I've already heard most of the arguments against using that powder, again, thanks.

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    You don't say what grain bullets you are using.
    Blue Dot is right between AA-7&AA-9 in my burn rate chart.
    It is also right with True Blue.
    If there is no Blue Dot loads you might start out with one of these.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would not load blue dot unless there is new data for it on the manufacturers web site. A strong warning came out about it in the 357 mag with one bullet and the 41 mag across the line.
  • fullcaseloadfullcaseload Member Posts: 224 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you both. dcs shooters, I was hoping someone was using 100 to 115 gr bullet with Blue Dot. bpost, I am aware of erratic pressures being recorded in certain loadings since the use of the new pressure measuring systems (post crushing copper) and that's why I'm looking to see if anyone is using Blue Dot and what their components data is. I am still shooting Blue Dot in my 44 mag and like it. I would like to use it in my 327, too.