In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

10/22 Drop in trigger group

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
I posted this in Experts also.
After a day of plinking with Grandson, have decided to upgrade the trigger on my 40 yo 10/22 Ruger Sporter, I think this will lend to better accuracy for the kids with a lighter pull and smoother break.

Any suggestions?
I am leaning toward the Kidd or the Timney.

What say you?

Mule

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better check with Joe!
  • Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    Volzquartzen

+1
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    In absolute candor...

If you or the kids are serious, take a look at Anschutz or Savage/Anschutz rifles in .22 or .22mag

I have observed that while most 10/22 would benefit from a trigger enhancement, the platform itself isn't worls class.

Keep "your" rifle in its original configuration. It will have far greater value to your grandson as the rifle he learned how to shoot with.

I'd sell any firearm in my safe. Except for my father's .22 single shot that he paid $3.00 for during the depths of the depression.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    I have a 10/22 of about the same vintage, 45 years old - walnut, parts are all metal - that also has a stiff trigger. But rather than modify it away from originality, being it is what it is, if I need long-range accuracy, I use a CZ 452 25-inch (LUX). Like bigoutside says, it's the platform.
  • dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by machine gun moran
    I have a 10/22 of about the same vintage, 45 years old - walnut, parts are all metal - that also has a stiff trigger. But rather than modify it away from originality, being it is what it is, if I need long-range accuracy, I use a CZ 452 25-inch (LUX). Like bigoutside says, it's the platform.

Went with the BX for now and Grandson loves it, really tightened his groups and no more pulling shots to the right. Plan now to get my old metal one some new parts and have my gunsmith super tune it for me and put it back in mine. I will then put the BX in the one the Grandson doesn't know he is getting yet.

Amend!
    Mule
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    Volzquartzen

This is what I used in one of mine and really like it. I did NOT use the drop in trigger but the Trigger kit they sell where you disassemble the stock trigger and replace the internals/springs. I think I got it from Midway when the had a sale.

It was easy to do and made a HUGE difference.
    RLTW

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My two cents, the Ruger 10-22 is a great gun, I have two of them. Investing almost the cost of a good used 10-22 into a trigger group seems like making a silk purse out of a donkeys ear.

Get an Anschutz or CZ rifle and never look back. The Anschutz 1415 is a great rifle for tack driving accuracy.