In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

reloading supplies

dynamitedynamite Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
Its been a long long time since I've posted in these forums...

Anyways, I'm just now getting into reloading but as the majority of you already know, reloading supplies are pretty much darn near non-existent right now.

Are there ANY brick & mortar stores or websites that have any stuff for sale? Or is it pretty much a hit and a miss with everything else?

When will the market finally start coming back?

Comments

• dynamitedynamite Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My supplier told me the Winchester rep said the primers are on sale. Dont know if its widespread or not but the 209 primers are $28 per thousand. Might check it out.
    edited November -1
    Primers and shot are still scarce in my area. Where can 209 primers be purchased for a reasonable price and what is a reasonable price per thousand? Im located in Wisconsin. My best supplier has 9 bags of expensive shot, and few expensive primers. Year before last I tried Rio primers, and I got by , but they are 3 thousands larger in dia. than Winch. and I didnt like the fact they made loose pockets in my hulls. What is everybody doing for supplies. what do they cost in your area?
    edited November -1
    http://www.recobstargetshop.com/

Can't believe people are still getting pwn3d on here for primers. Recob's is beating most auction prices for primers. And they have them in stock!

Jason
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    "When will the market finally start coming back?".........IT'S STARTING TO NOW, LOCAL GUN SHOP JUST GOT 500 LBS. OF POWDER & MORE ON THE WAY.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    "When will the market finally start coming back?".........IT'S STARTING TO NOW, LOCAL GUN SHOP JUST GOT 500 LBS. OF POWDER & MORE ON THE WAY.

..Does this local shop have a website? I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, just looking for leads.

Perhaps your area is getting some stuff in stock, but its still pretty dry around here.
  • oscar meyeroscar meyer Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you Looked on the auction side here?Search all the obvious places: Brownells,midway,midsouth,powder valley,bass pro shops,cabelas,etc.....There is stuff to be found. Good luck
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oscar meyer
    Have you Looked on the auction side here?Search all the obvious places: Brownells,midway,midsouth,powder valley,bass pro shops,cabelas,etc.....There is stuff to be found. Good luck

Yes I've checked most of those websites first before asking here. There are small varying quantities of oddball things here and there, but nothing in particular that I'm looking for.

As far as the auction side goes... heck no! I ain't paying 3 times the asking price for retail. Those bozo's ain't gonna make a buck off of me!
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One other place you may find components is a gun show. Expect to pay robbery level prices, but you can get powder and primers and some selection of bullets.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    www.Powdervalley.com
    W.D.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Graf and son, best deal on the net for shipping.

http://www.grafs.com/retail/
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CapnMidnight
    www.Powdervalley.com
    W.D.

I think you want this one

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/
    edited November -1
    Well thank you everyone, I really appreciate it. I've already checked out both those sites but they seem to have a pretty good selection.

I actually went to a couple places today and found some primers for sale (SHOCK)...but only to a limit of a mere 400 per customer. I promptly bought up my limit for the day. That place also had a healthy supply of ammo in stock, the most I've seen in a long time all in one place. Wally World was still nearly empty, found my 3-box limit of AK ammo there.
    edited November -1
    Still haven't found any powder yet. Big old gun show next weekend, heading there then.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excuse the pun,[:I] But I have had to bite the bullet of few times on price.