In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Does your wal-mart

alan selfalan self Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
Sell reloading supplys ? I've seen a few but wondering how many do.

Comments

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup. Guns, ammo and reloading stuff. They make the decision based on what sells well in a given store - sound business practice, if you ask me.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not here in middle Ga.[:(]
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Here is SE OH they do [:)]
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    Not a chance here in California. They barely sell ammo.
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by calrugerfan
    They do have quite a selection here in Lassen County. They will special order also[:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elubsme
    They do have quite a selection here in Lassen County. They will special order also[:)]

A selection of AMMO? Or a selection of RELOADING SUPPLIES?
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Salida Colorado has 1/2 dozen asst. powders, some brass, and bullets plus manuals. I've not seen any in the midwest Wally stores.
  • CgullCgull Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never seen any reloading supplies at Walmart. Would be great if they did carry reloading supplies. I have to drive 2 hours to find reloading EQ.
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The topic under discussion is reloading supplies. I am answering that question. Yes there is a large selection of reloading supplies at the local Wal Mart store here in Susanville, Lassen County, Northern California. They have powder (gun), two shotshell loading presses, 12 gauge wads, 25 pound bags of shot at 49.95 per bag, RCBS rifle and pistol reloading dies, primers, shell holders, an RCBS powder scale. I could go on but hopefully you get the message, They have a lot of reloading supplies. Ed
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    Salida Colorado has 1/2 dozen asst. powders, some brass, and bullets plus manuals. I've not seen any in the midwest Wally stores.

NOPE!

I'm 74 miles west of Salida in Gunnison not even a box of shotgun shells to be had some pistol and rifle ammo limited to 2 boxes of whatever

Go another 75 miles west to Montrose and you can find ammo but no reloading supplies
  • brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    I aint never see reloading supplies at Walmart here in KY. Sure would be nice though.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't buy from them even if they did.

I buy from a local shop owned by a friend of mine. I'd MUCH rather give him the business.

BTW, during our recent "shortages" he was well stocked on all items and he never gouged me on prices.
  • alan selfalan self Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm about 40mi. from Cortez & they have some powder, dies & equipment. That is the only wm I knew of, didn't know if other WMs had reloading stuff.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey there Odawgp, I need to make a trip to Gunnison soon. Bought a cheap scope at Gene Taylors and it won't focus so I'm returning it. How bout a cup of coffee or something when I get over there?
  • 44shotdoctor44shotdoctor Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well here in Sterling CO. We have a large selection of ammo with some primers. About 6 different powders alot of bullets and manuels. Tumblers, ammo cases, dies sets and so on. I generally will buy just because the price is better than any place else.
    edited November -1

The topic under discussion is reloading supplies. I am answering that question. Yes there is a large selection of reloading supplies at the local Wal Mart store here in Susanville, Lassen County, Northern California. They have powder (gun), two shotshell loading presses, 12 gauge wads, 25 pound bags of shot at 49.95 per bag, RCBS rifle and pistol reloading dies, primers, shell holders, an RCBS powder scale. I could go on but hopefully you get the message, They have a lot of reloading supplies. Ed

That's awesome. Here, it's a struggle to even get ammo from Walmart. They only have shotgun and stuff that nobody wants.
  • airmungairmung Member Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess the Chinks don't export gunpowder or primers to WM here in OR.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    Hey there Odawgp, I need to make a trip to Gunnison soon. Bought a cheap scope at Gene Taylors and it won't focus so I'm returning it. How bout a cup of coffee or something when I get over there?

sent you a email

if I am around sure
  • SkeedaddySkeedaddy Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds odd, but not here in N. Texas. From Dallas to the Red River...
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    By golly they sure do!

The prices are higher than the balls on a giraffe and the selection sucks, but the China loving buzzards have some reloading supplies overseen by pimple faced dweebs that are utterly, deeply and permanently clueless.
  • Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Wally's in the very small town of St.helens oregon does..or did the last time I was there last year.guns,ammo,supplies.Not tons of supplies,but some presses,scales,etc.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here locally they don't have the makings. Have some .22 cal and some funky 12 gauge shotgun rounds for sale. This for one of may WMs in Central Calif.

Have not checked the others outside of my town ... but they vary greatly regarding what they stock.
  • GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The prices are higher than the balls on a giraffe and the selection sucks, but the China loving buzzards have some reloading supplies overseen by pimple faced dweebs that are utterly, deeply and permanently clueless.

Sounds like DWS may be back
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Yup. NE Colorado. Plenty of ammo on the shelves, finally.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 44shotdoctor
    Well here in Sterling CO. We have a large selection of ammo with some primers. About 6 different powders alot of bullets and manuels. Tumblers, ammo cases, dies sets and so on. I generally will buy just because the price is better than any place else.

And the next closest place is 40 miles north. Not exactly convenient.

Plinker, everything but .380 Not a lot of "everything" but the shelf is 95% covered at the edge for the first time since Nov. 3, 2008. Sucks that they are the only place in town[:(!]
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ft Morgan, CO has reloading supplies, 3-4 different powders, decent selection of bullets, no primers, accessories for RCBS, RCBS equipment, brass.

They will special order as well I think.

Factory ammo shelves are no longer bare, at least a little of most calibers, usually good selection of 22. Rarely any 380 though.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    quote:Originally posted by 44shotdoctor

And the next closest place is 40 miles north. Not exactly convenient.

Plinker, everything but .380 Not a lot of "everything" but the shelf is 95% covered at the edge for the first time since Nov. 3, 2008. Sucks that they are the only place in town[:(!]

Well, I do a lot of trade at Unique Cameras and Guns on Main Street. I think Bob usually has ammo. Except, as you point out, .380 auto. Forgot about that.
  • alan selfalan self Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was able to get two boxs of umc 380 for about $18 each at the WM in Cortez last weekend. First time I've seen it at WM.
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went to Sprawl-Mart in Corona Ca. last weekend. Got Rem 100gr .243 and Rem 130 gr .270 for 13.97 a box. They had other ammo stuff too, (Incl. .380 and 9mm, but I didn't need those) but no reloading supplies.
  • glockman40swglockman40sw Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    not the two here in central pa that I visit at least that I could see.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No it doesn't, nor much of anything else for the shooter.
  • 1988z011988z01 Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    South Carolina Coast

Havent seen any on the coast. They seem to be cutting everything. I am hoping the local Bass Pro in Myrtle Beach will get more than just powder and primers.
  • 47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    here in North central PA the WM sells some ammo and some reloading supplies, also carry rifles and shotguns. No handguns.
  • look-nlook-n Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Harrisonburg ,VA store@Burgess RD. Has a nice selection ..if you can catch it when it arrives!IMR powders most popular #'s varget Red Dot Green Dot- Hornaday ,Sierria bullets-RCBS Dies ,shell holders ,primers Rifle,Pistol ,shotgun -- presses,scales tumblers.just enough stuff for a quick fix.also brass.
    Originally posted by alan self
    Sell reloading supplys ? I've seen a few but wondering how many do.
  • flyeroneflyerone Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matamoras, PA (NY/NJ/PA border) Limited selection of ammo; basic gun cleaning kits.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Ammo and Scopes only one even carries rifles and not that many at that.

Not one bit of reloading supplies.

I'm lucky and have a local store chain By-mart that carries reloading supplies.
  • the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1
    No reloading stuff at the Chinese Embassies(Aka Wal-Mart) at all in central PA, but the local gunshops are loaded to the hilt with stuff!
  • grandmangrandman Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in GA at the ones in town no reloading supplies, but a lot of ammo and guns.
  • mikecarol63mikecarol63 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one we have in Clearfield, Pa. should be a disgrace to sportsmen and women. Mike