In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need Help!!

frequentfrequent Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
Hi guys, a friend of mine just gave me a lee hand press for reloading. They wanted me to get into reloading but I kept on pushing it back because I don't have the space for setting up a reloading area. I'm new to this so I need help if someone can please give me a list of good equipment for this hand press. I read somewhere that there are dies that does not need oil or lubrication. I'm gonna be reloading 9, 45acp and 223. Thanks guys.

Comments

• 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it accepts standard 7/8 X 14 dies then you can get carbide dies for the straight walled cases (9mm & .45 ACP) Lee makes good ones and the sets are complete even down to a powder measure for a limited range of suitable powders for the caliber. The .223 will require lubing as the cost for shouldered rifle dies is REALLY high. You will need a "nut-cracker" type priming tool and a funnel for the powder and you should be set for a slow, but usable handloading operation.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought and gave away 3 of the lee hand presses to start 3 ladies loading. A then 14 years old girl got her first elk with her ammo and grandma rifle a 99 Savage in 300. The second lady's new husband bagged a deer with her ammo 30-30 Winchester 94. 3rd lady loads 38 or 357 for her Tarus hog leg.

The ram prime work ok, so does the inside/outside champher tool. A funnel, a loading block are very handy and perhaps a scale. I made a dipper out of a case for their specific load and scratched it on the side as well as written on a note card in the box.

I like lee carbide pistol dies. I also like their case lube (q tip applied inside the neck for rifles) but prefer Redding sizing die wax for heavy duty work.

I use are running an autoloader in 223 consider small base dies.

Lots faster to learn reloading from someone with experience.
  • frequentfrequent Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys it really helps..