In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why Optics Planet lost my business

midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been searching for another Nightforce Competition ever since buying the one I already have. Friday 4/3/15 at around noon, I got an email from you with a promotional 10% off discount on rifle scopes. As soon as I got home from work I got online and tried to buy it from you. The coupon was invalid. Apparently it had expired 3 days BEFORE I received it. No good.

Today I got another email from you with another 10% off coupon. After reading the fine print, I see that it is indeed not expired. I immediately got online to purchase the scope and your website says the coupon code is invalid. Not good.

I called Euro Optic and told them what was happening. Not only did they match your price of what the 10% off should have been, but they also included a free tshirt. Thanks to your invalid email promotional codes, you have not only lost my $2100+ Nightforce scope sale to your competition, but you have lost my business forever. Please remove me from your email list.

Thanks for nothing,

Ryan Hamilton

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love it when people vote with their pocket book. Customer service might improve. I'd send them a link to your post.
  • midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    I love it when people vote with their pocket book. Customer service might improve. I'd send them a link to your post.

I've posted this letter here in general discussion and competition shooting on GunBroker forums, arfcom, snipers hide, accurate shooter, and benchrest central forums, as well as on a facebook group I started with 7k + members now, and about 20 others that I'm a member of. Their crappy customer service will not be kept a secret. I estimate about 30,000 people will see it before lunch.

I'm done with Optics Planet. They can figure it out the hard way.
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by midnightrunpaintballer

I've posted this letter here in general discussion and competition shooting on GunBroker forums, arfcom, snipers hide, accurate shooter, and benchrest central forums, as well as on a facebook group I started with 7k + members now, and about 20 others that I'm a member of. Their crappy customer service will not be kept a secret. I estimate about 30,000 people will see it before lunch.

It took them 3 weeks to send me a scope base, I bought one locally for $5 more so I could use the rifle on opening day.
    I will not use them again.

They promised 2 day shipping through amazon, they lied.
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tflogger
    quote:Originally posted by midnightrunpaintballer

I've seen this post ^^^^^^^^^^ in at least 1 FB reloading/shooting forum, and I expect word will get around

It took them 3 weeks to send me a scope base, I bought one locally for $5 more so I could use the rifle on opening day.
    I will not use them again.

They promised 2 day shipping through amazon, they lied.