In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tumbling Brass

mikecarol63mikecarol63 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
Hi; When you tumble brass to clean it, how in the world do you get the dust out of the cases? Or is it okay to leave it? I loaded and shot some shells without getting the dust out, and it didn't seem to bother the accuracy. Thanks, Mike

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Normally I use a net type bag to separate the brass from the polishing media . Then the only thing on the case is inside light amount of dust IMHO this does not hurt any thing .I use Jewelers rouge with my walnut hulls or nothing at all when I clean and polish with Rice. Never had any problem with either and I load Thousands of Match grade pistol loads yearly.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    USED drier sheets will get rid of the dust. Cut half a sheet up into 1"x1" squares and throw a handful in every batch.
  • mikecarol63mikecarol63 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Use this stuff in your tumbler and you'll have no dust to deal with...
    The stuff works awesome..
    http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrbruce
    Use this stuff in your tumbler and you'll have no dust to deal with...
    The stuff works awesome..
    http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/

Just how much interest do you have in this company [?][?]
    You keep pushing this expencive crap [B)][xx(]
    edited November -1
    No sir I sure don't have any interest in the company at all..
    And at $50.00 for a life time of use I don't really see it as expensive at all..
    Especially when it cleans brass better than anything I've ever tried, in about 3 hours time...
  • midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i always seperate the media and dump the brass into a container of some sort. Then I take it out to the garage and blast it for a couple of seconds with the air compressor. Dust is all gone [:D]
    edited November -1
    And at $50.00 for a life time of use I don't really see it as expensive at all..
    Especially when it cleans brass better than anything I've ever tried, in about 3 hours time...

Actually, $50 is about 1/3 to 2 times the correct price for stainless steel media.
  • midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Actually, $50 is about 1/3 to 2 times the correct price for stainless steel media.

Well, which is it? 1/3 of $50=$16.66 and 2 times $50 would be $100.... So you're saying that the correct price is between $16.66 and $100.00 That's a pretty big gap for media prices dude.
  • ToolfogieToolfogie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way I read it is the price is between $150 and $25.?????
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by midnightrunpaintballer
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Well, which is it? 1/3 of $50=$16.66 and 2 times $50 would be $100.... So you're saying that the correct price is between $16.66 and $100.00 That's a pretty big gap for media prices dude.

HAHA, screwed that all up. [:0] It can be had cheaper. [;)]
    edited November -1
    All I know for sure is that I paid $49.99 plus shipping for 5 #'s, I don't remember what the shipping was but I think it came in one of those $10 flat rate boxes.....
  • glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    I use Frankford Arsenal polish from Midway,works for me.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by mrbruce

PLUS THE PRICE OF THE THUMBLERS TUMBLER [:0][B)]