In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Smartreloader scale & dispenser

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
I was thinking about getting a hornaday but decided I'd give this one a try. If anyone was thinking about getting one of these I would recommend it. The only con would be the buttons, the #'s & words are white on a yellow background and can be hard to read in certain lights. I paid a little less than 150.00 for mine but that was a year or so ago.

Comments

• gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Dunno why the name includes "smart"; they're obviously made for folks who just can't afford good equipment or don't know the difference.
    I must assume their brass separator actually does a good job.
    Should be CheapoReloader
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    Dunno why the name includes "smart"; they're obviously made for folks who just can't afford good equipment or don't know the difference.
    I must assume their brass separator actually does a good job.
    Should be CheapoReloader

So just what makes it obvious? Did the one you use not work?
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard horror stories all over regarding Smart Reloader presses and such. I would almost beg you to consider used name brand equipment instead. Specifically breakage and ergonomics.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Topkick
    I have heard horror stories all over regarding Smart Reloader presses and such. I would almost beg you to consider used name brand equipment instead. Specifically breakage and ergonomics.

I don't have one of there reloading press's. This was not meant as a review of there entire product line as this is the only thing of there's I have. I HAVE & USE (unlike most who bag on it) and it does what it was bought to do. Do the other scale & dispenser's do anything else this one can't? No. So go buy that RCBS for a couple hundred more, guess what it is made in China to.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just my opinion but I'd rather buy used good quality on e##y than economy grade new. Apparently lots of others feel the same way since the prices of used stuff s skyrocketed over the last year.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    Just my opinion but I'd rather buy used good quality on e##y than economy grade new. Apparently lots of others feel the same way since the prices of used stuff s skyrocketed over the last year.

What makes it economy grade?
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe they are trying to say that you get what you pay for, and that includes customer service. Companies such as RCBS have outstanding customer service and stand behind their products. I dropped my Rock Chucker and broke it on the garage floor, a call to RCBS and a new press was on the way. It appears that smartreloader doesn't have that reputation.

FWIW I got my Hornady dispenser on sale at Christmas from Cabelas for $170 shipped.