In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cast 9mm From 38 Mold

buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
If I cast .357 lead bullets(105 gr,Lee mold)and run them through a .355 or .356 lube sizer,I don't why they could not be loaded in 9mm,besides trying to find reload data for 105 grain lead 9mm.I need others input in case I overlooked something.Thanks

Comments

• jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I've shot that very bullet out of the 9. Not an issue. If it feeds for you. I run it over 3 gr of bullseye, a mild target load.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no reason why you can't. Use 115 grain data, start low and work up. The act of sizing down can soften the bullet so keep velocities moderate and you should have no issues with the load.

Feeding? That is another matter entirely.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    The only shortcoming is that since the bullet is being sized to a smaller diameter than designed, the lube grooves will be shallower than intended. the expected result would be leading at a lower velocity than would be encountered with full lube grooves.