In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

accurate 22lr AR upper

llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
Trying to decide if I want to replace my worls class 10/22 build that can shoot MOA or better with a 22lr upper for my AR.

Anyone have experience with the upper kit from JPE ?

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I gave up on the 22lr AR idea after the first attempt. Sold the upper to my Son-in-law who had lower expectations and went back to the 10/22.
    AFIC, the ONLY advantage of a 22lr upper is familiarization with the controls and operation of the AR platform(or as in my SIL's situation, the indoor range allows only rimfire rifles).
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    llama,

quote:I gave up on the 22lr AR idea after the first attempt. Sold the upper to my Son-in-law who had lower expectations and went back to the 10/22.
    AFIC, the ONLY advantage of a 22lr upper is familiarization with the controls and operation of the AR platform(or as in my SIL's situation, the indoor range allows only rimfire rifles).

I think this is a fair assessment of what I've found as well. The .22LR uppers are fine for having some fun but they are not as reliable or as accurate as a standard, semi-auto stand alone rifle. I would take a 10/22 any day. Some of the better bolt guns are simply superb in both departments. These can be found for reasonable amounts of money from Bob White or some of the competition shooting suppliers in their used inventories.

Best.