In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Watch out for the M&P

Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you reload Smith and Wesson and there is any evidence (real or imagined)that S&W can come up with that you have ever fired a reloaded ctg from your brand new M&P they will refuse to honor their "warranty".

According to my dealer their "customer service" has been in drastic decline over the last few years, and denying warranty claims has become their standard operating proceedure, along with disrespectful and unknowledgable reps.

Their is no way that I could trust an M&P for carry.

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    OLD FOOL, how WRONGyou are [B)]
    I know of three guns sent to S&W for warranty repair with NO questions asked, except "what is the problem".
    S&W even payed shipping both ways [;)]
    If you read the warranty page of ANY gun maker, they all say "reloaded ammo will void warranty" [xx(]
  • Options
    Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They sold me a defective pistol and refused to make it right.
    All they said was that they THOUGHT it was ammunition related. No specifics. Terrib;e "customer service and an attitude of "we have your pistol, don't argue with us" If you are buying a pistol for duty, carry, or defense DO NOT risk your life on an M&P!
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you should have told them that your experience would be plastered all over the largest gun forum on the net,..as well as all others you belong to.[;)] That tends to get a reaction.